FBI Crime stats

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on your definition of "need." From a statistical point of view that's probably correct. Of the crimes counted, not all of them call for armed response. Of the ones that do, if you take them and divide by the total state population you get an incidence of .0076. That's pretty small. You're far more likely to die from something else. And if you don't live in Memphis the stats become even better.

Now, as far as the government restricting something that we have a constitutional right to anyway, there is no argument they can't do it.

There are 32,000 assault victims that might see a need.

and I agree about the gov thing 100000000% How we as a people allowed ourselves to be snowed into believing a God given right should be restricted by the powers that be is beyond me.

It depends on your definition of "need." From a statistical point of view that's probably correct. Of the crimes counted, not all of them call for armed response. Of the ones that do, if you take them and divide by the total state population you get an incidence of .0076. That's pretty small. You're far more likely to die from something else. And if you don't live in Memphis the stats become even better.

That's just hurtful.

Then again, the truth usually does hurt.

We don't really need CCW in TN.:D

In a state with 6,038,803 people:

Murder/manslaughter: 409

Forcible rape: 2142

Robbery: 11,129

Agg Assault: 32,227

property crime: 249,297

Burglary: 62,859

larceny theft: 163,845

Auto theft (where you're supposed to store your gun if there's booze served) 22,593

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2006/data/table_05.html

Notice how 4 of the top 5 are crimes against property? A couple of them very much higher than the rest. I bet changing the Defense of Property laws could put a dent in those numbers. No real consequence for stealing something now.

OK. Sorry. I havent seen stats, but I would bet Memphis/Shelby Co accounts for a disproportionate number of crimes, especially violent ones, in the state. Just a guess on my part.

Memphis is the worst. Though we do have the Tigers to be thankful for at least until 10 tonight.

Anyway. Keep posting the stats.

Guest db99wj
Memphis is the worst. Though we do have the Tigers to be thankful for at least until 10 tonight.

Anyway. Keep posting the stats.

And then, the city of memphis will be full of fires, looters, turned over cars, vandalism, pure chaos...WIN OR LOSE:D

Guest db99wj
That's why the rifles will be loaded up and the handguns too. Extra Magazines and all. try to torch my house you won't like the outcome.

Exactly!

That's why the rifles will be loaded up and the handguns too. Extra Magazines and all. try to torch my house you won't like the outcome.

You ever thought about moving someplace safer? Like maybe downtown Detroit?

I'm glad I live somewhere where placement by a local sports team does not dictate my level preparedness.

Guest db99wj
You ever thought about moving someplace safer? Like maybe downtown Detroit?

I'm glad I live somewhere where placement by a local sports team does not dictate my level preparedness.

It is always funny, after a College Football or basketball national championship, to watch all the chaos err, I mean celebrtation that follows in the home city. The sports radio guys are pleading with the fans not to do it, then in the same breath, says, they are willing to bet the ones listening are not the "ones" that will be destroying stuff. I got marshmellows.

We don't really need CCW in TN.:D

In a state with 6,038,803 people:

Murder/manslaughter: 409

Forcible rape: 2142

Robbery: 11,129

Agg Assault: 32,227

property crime: 249,297

Burglary: 62,859

larceny theft: 163,845

Auto theft (where you're supposed to store your gun if there's booze served) 22,593

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2006/data/table_05.html

I understand the sarcasm, but Rabbi is right. The right exist without necessity. Even if there were zero crime, there is no argument against 2A. To even allow the premise of a right validated only in need is errant to say the least. One way to win debates with anti's is to not let them dictate the premise.

Guest strelcevina

talking about Memphis :D

went there many times, and i was wondering ,how can be that whole city is just plain Ugly.

one of if not The Ugliest City so far i saw. and trust me i travel a lot .

last few trips to Memphis i paid attention and concluded, it is damn diarrhea brown streets.

its something about that diarrhea brown color that makes everything look so ugly.

just paint them black or gray:D

Guest canynracer
talking about Memphis :D

went there many times, and i was wondering ,how can be that whole city is just plain Ugly.

last few trips to Memphis i paid attention and concluded, it is damn diarrhea brown streets.

its something about that diarrhea brown color that makes everything look so ugly.

that would be racial...LOL...

Guest canynracer

Yep...me too...I am Ninja'd out and ready!! LMAO...

talking about Memphis :eek:

You know, the sad thing is that it is a whole lot better than it has been in a loooooong time. When we moved there 24 yrs ago, it was awful - especially downtown. Now it is at least tolerable and there is no longer a guarantee you car will get vandalized while you're on Beale St.:D Of course they are raping and pillaging the suburbs to finance it......:D

Guest strelcevina

being European it could be that my expectations about Memphis was to high.

you know The King lived there. it must be best place in the world:D

lord that was rude awakening.

I moved here to Nashville from Germany, 4 days later i was on my way to Graceland:)

first there is only one sign on hwy 40 that i didn't see, so i had to go to down town and ask for direction.

somehow was driving on Elvis Presley blvd. and couldn't believe my eyes how bad it looked. i had to lock my car door "didn't own a gun at a time :D" veil i was driving.

anyway it was my first US experience, and i picked Memphis to be THE ONE :D

so Memphis did influence me to buy many guns. every time i visit , i come back to Nashville and go strait to gun shop, give me bigger gun please:D

now i know that Memphis is Unique, eider you love it or not

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFEU_9lZrTk[/ame]

Edited by strelcevina
Guest db99wj

Yep, the King lives in the Ghetto, well it wasn't the Ghetto then, that area is called Whitehaven, it was very nice back then, not today. There are a lot of great big houses in that area and back in the 60's and 70's, that was the place to live.

Actually, during the 80's Memphis was winning Beautiful City awards. We had some good things going on. Downtown was a bit depressed but we also weren't in near the financial situation that we are now.

Fast forward 20 years and we have 3 stadiums that we cannot fill. Hell, 2 of them aren't even able to be used. And let's not forget the Liberty Bowl. The only time that stadium will sell out is if it is hosting the Southern Heritage Classic or a Tennessee Ole Miss game.

We have crime running rampant and the mayor pretends he is an ostrich and can do nothing about it. The gangs run the jails and I wouldn't be surprised to find out Willie had his hand in their pockets or they were lining his.