What would the People really do?

Actually looks interesting. Will consider submitting an application.

Welcome to the no-fly and IRS audit lists.

Seriously, it looks more like a marketing scam than anything else. Domain created a whole 5 weeks ago. Watchmen of America about a year and a half.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Welcome to the no-fly and IRS audit lists.

smilielol5.gifThat’s what I was thinking.

Seriously, it looks more like a marketing scam than anything else. Domain created a whole 5 weeks ago. Watchmen of America about a year and a half.

- OS

Yeah, I don’t need “Complete Uniform setsâ€, “Tactical Gear Sets†or “emergency survival foodsâ€.

Uniforms and “Group Buys†don’t really sound like a Patriot Organization.

However, I will be the first to admit that I think any “Patriot†or “Survival†group is going to get pretty close scrutiny by the FBI and DHS. :)

Guest NYCrulesU

Not interested in group buys, uniforms and all that jazz. I am interested in being associated with very like minded people (or a group) who take prepping/survival very seriously. And I do believe in strength in numbers.

If I knew of a commune/compound that was not cult like in any way and was just a group of like minded individuals and families that were into survival and prepping and wanted to live off the grid....I would be there.

Sadly...most places in the past that come to mind were led by religious quack jobs either claiming to be the messiah or waiting on the mothership to arrive.

So, like I said, I will research that organization that was linked...and see if there is any merit to what they claim to be about.

As far as being on a "no fly list" or IRS audit list....whoop-tee-do. I don't fly...won't fly...won't tolerate TSA....and am absolutely anti-government. And don't own anything of value for the IRS to lay claim to and make less than $20k a year...audit away! They can add me to whichever "list" they choose. So long as I haven't commited any felonies (or crimes in general)..they can kiss my lilly white _ _ _. :)

Edited by NYCrulesU
I am interested in being associated with very like minded people (or a group) who take prepping/survival very seriously. And I do believe in strength in numbers.

If I knew of a commune/compound that was not cult like in any way and was just a group of like minded individuals and families that were into survival and prepping and wanted to live off the grid....I would be there.

You sound like you are looking for a paramilitary group. Nothing wrong with that, I would like to live like that. Problem is that most of those end up crossing the line (Federal Weapons Charges) and go to prison. I’m not going to prison.

And don't own anything of value for the IRS to lay claim to and make less than $20k a year...audit away!

On 2nd thought I doubt there will be any openings for you. :)

Guest Lester Weevils

I'm not religious but there may be quite a few religious orgs in rural areas who are quite "potentially" self-sufficient and not cultishly organized at all. I have seen a couple, so possibly there are many more. The problem with the ones I've seen is that the folks are pacifistic to a fault. I'm not even certain if the places I've seen even have more than a couple of .22 rifles. Maybe no firearms at all. I never asked for fear that the question would be in bad taste.

They do have land, forest, farming equipment and machine shops and the knowledge how to use them. If things got real bad, unless those folks could toughen up fast, they might get over-run by armed people who are not near as good human beings.

On the other hand, if those folks changed their world view enough to build a community armory and hold regular training drills, then at some point they might begin to look rather stereotypically cultish?

====

Just for completeness, there are compounds for various racist organizations.

And organizations that might have a bit of religion or whatever but seem primarily fixated on very strange politics. Such as the Montana Freemen?

Never been fond of racism or nutcase politics. Never been fond of religion either, but the pacifist organizations may be the best bet to join, except for the pacifist part. :)

I do think there are scenarios where the Federal Government might declare martial law, but all those scenarios are quite drastic and none are because a President decided to make himself King for life. The examples I think are likely are really only two. The least likely event I see is a nuclear attack by a hostile Government. Now I think the likelihood of that actually happening is pretty remote, because there are only two countries in the world capable of taking us "out"; China and Russia of course. China probably won't do this, because we are the largest buyer of goods coming out China. Why cook the proverbial "Golden Goose"? So that doesn't really make sense to me. Russia has too many internal troubles they are fighting presently, to be mounting any kind of a nuclear attack on us and even if that wasn't the case, they want to be where China is now, with them selling as much of their domestic product to us as feasible. So we are back to the Golden Goose argument again.

Actually, I think the other scenario is much more likely to happen, because the country that hates us the most is about to go nuclear. That scenario involves exploding around 2 to 5 nuclear warheads a hundred miles or more above the North American Continent and destroying all our electronic infrastructure. Then you will have a mass die off, because we are no longer set up to move food and other supplies around this county without adequate communications and computers, in order to feed the masses. Most cities in this country, only have enough food to feed their populations, in the stores, for 4 or 5 days at the most. Then it's starvation time. Of course, said county has to know it will cease to exist if it does something like that, but I am worried that their leadership doesn't really care about that. So I think an EMP attack is the most likely scenario of declare martial law.

I don't really see Washington being able to effectively control the country regardless of could transpire, even under OS's Financial Collapse Theory. There are two many people, flung across a huge country, for even a large Army to pacify. It's just not feasible.

As for a President setting himself up as King for Life, in order for that to happen the Military would have to go along with it and I don't see that happening either. And if they did go along with it, what's to stop them from going whole hog and deposing the New King for Life and becoming a Military Junta?

Another thing would stop a President from becoming King for Life is the Financial Institutions in this county, because dictators and Junta's are bad for business. They would just stop the money flow and after it all dried up, then the King for Life or the Junta will fall apart. Change in this country will come through society and not because a man wanted to become King For Life. I'm not worried at all about that.

As for militias and such, most of those type groups are a bunch of Wannabes led by slightly smarter person than their group (which isn't saying much) or religious fanatics that I have no use for. Thanks, I'll just rely on my family and friends and watch the skies for a couple of real brilliant burst of light.

Edited by Moped

The problem with all this has been exposed in the last few posts. Wacko's, felons, and other undesireables are all you can find that have the gumption to be serious about getting serious. Everyone wants to gets serious...as long as it doesn't interrupt their day to day. It don't work that way. I'll man up and admit, getting serious is a pain, and something comes up. Every time you get started, things fall apart. I've tried several times to get something going in my area. No one is interested. OR should I say "Interested Enough". I give up. I do what I can on my own.

Such a scenario has already been played out...it's part of recorded history...I respectfully suggest that anyone who truly believes it "can't happen here" is simply arrogant and someone walking around with not just blinders on but a full mask covering their eyes.

I'm not saying such an event is likely or that we should spend huge amounts of time or resources worrying about it but I believe that we should at least be aware of the possibility and thing through these issues.

I have never actually be "in" a tornado and I never thought I'd see an F5 tornado touch down a mile from my home...but then I saw it happen.

• Like 1
Guest bkelm18
Such a scenario has already been played out...it's part of recorded history...I respectfully suggest that anyone who truly believes it "can't happen here" is simply arrogant and someone walking around with not just blinders on but a full mask covering their eyes.

I'm not saying such an event is likely or that we should spend huge amounts of time or resources worrying about it but I believe that we should at least be aware of the possibility and thing through these issues.

I have never actually be "in" a tornado and I never thought I'd see an F5 tornado touch down a mile from my home...but then I saw it happen.

The original question posed was a tyrannical gov't takeover, not simply a localized natural disaster. I still say that Obama cannot simply declare himself dictator and suspend the constitution. Too many checks and balances in place to simply allow that to happen.

Actually, I think the other scenario is much more likely to happen, because the country that hates us the most is about to go nuclear. That scenario involves exploding around 2 to 5 nuclear warheads a hundred miles or more above the North American Continent and destroying all our electronic infrastructure.

What country is going to try to do that knowing that they would be killed as soon as their missiles launch?

No country on earth that has the capability to launch a nuke is going to launch against us. No country on earth is going to try to put boots on U.S. soil. Those are both acts of suicide; our subs, bombers and carriers would kill everyone involved.

Terrorist attacks are very real. An attack by another country or by someone gaining control of a nuclear weapon are not.

Guest monkeylove

They do have land, forest, farming equipment and machine shops and the knowledge how to use them. If things got real bad, unless those folks could toughen up fast, they might get over-run by armed people who are not near as good human beings.

On the other hand, if those folks changed their world view enough to build a community armory and hold regular training drills, then at some point they might begin to look rather stereotypically cultish?"

Sounds like it's time to rent some Akira Kurosawa films!

The original question posed was a tyrannical gov't takeover, not simply a localized natural disaster. I still say that Obama cannot simply declare himself dictator and suspend the constitution. Too many checks and balances in place to simply allow that to happen.

Yes, I know but that was not my point...my point was the fallacy of the thought process of "it can't happen" whether it's "to me" or "in the U.S.".

The government deciding to trash the Constitution (what's left of it) most certainly is something that could happen and all it will really take are those in power willing to do so and a public of mindless, dependent, sheep.

• Like 2
Yes, I know but that was not my point...my point was the fallacy of the thought process of "it can't happen" whether it's "to me" or "in the U.S.".

The government deciding to trash the Constitution (what's left of it) most certainly is something that could happen and all it will really take are those in power willing to do so and a public of mindless, dependent, sheep.

It can’t happen. That’s not fallacy it’s just thought based on knowledge and facts.

Your scenario could only work if you are correct that the public is mindless, dependent sheep. Since by that statement you obviously haven’t served in the military or get out much, I can assure you that making that assumption would cost you your life if you tested it.

Robert, as long as there are people like some of those here on this forum, people like you are safe. They will not allow Obama or anyone else to take illegal control of the country whether he has the backing of the military or not. Sleep safe and quit watching so many movies. :P

It can’t happen. That’s not fallacy it’s just thought based on knowledge and facts.

Your scenario could only work if you are correct that the public is mindless, dependent sheep. Since by that statement you obviously haven’t served in the military or get out much, I can assure you that making that assumption would cost you your life if you tested it.

Robert, as long as there are people like some of those here on this forum, people like you are safe. They will not allow Obama or anyone else to take illegal control of the country whether he has the backing of the military or not. Sleep safe and quit watching so many movies. :P

I'm afraid the only drama queen here is you.

Eight years active duty; currently serve in the State Guard and I "get out" plenty...there is also no need to insult me by deciding what group of those on this forum I am part of...unless God died recently and appointed you in his place you can't look into my heart or the heart of anyone else on this forum for that matter and know what "some of those here" are like or who belongs as part of that "some" (apparently you also can't bother to look at a member's profile either or you wouldn't have made your blunder about my military service).

Your thoughts appear to be based far more on assumptions than fact...it most certainly can happen here.

About half of our population (and I'm being generous) are already mindless, dependent sheep subsisting on the largess of what the government has stolen from those who aren't. The Constitution is nothing but an old piece of paper; its only strength lies in the honor and integrity of those who willingly agree to abide by it; honor and integrity are in very short supply these days and especially so in the halls of government at all levels.

• Like 1

Eight years active duty; currently serve in the State Guard and I "get out" plenty...there is also no need to insult me by deciding what group of those on this forum I am part of...unless God died recently and appointed you in his place you can't look into my heart or the heart of anyone else on this forum for that matter and know what "some of those here" are like or who belongs as part of that "some" (apparently you also can't bother to look at a member's profile either or you wouldn't have made your blunder about my military service).

Your thoughts appear to be based far more on assumptions than fact...it most certainly can happen here.

About half of our population (and I'm being generous) are already mindless, dependent sheep subsisting on the largess of what the government has stolen from those who aren't. The Constitution is nothing but an old piece of paper; its only strength lies in the honor and integrity of those who willingly agree to abide by it; honor and integrity are in very short supply these days and especially so in the halls of government at all levels.

I apologize Robert. I would have never thought that someone that spent 8 years on active duty would think that the military or the people would follow a corrupt President violating the law. See what happens when we make dumb azz assumptions about whole groups of people.

Guest NYCrulesU

Well said sir. Top to bottom, I agree with your post.

Guest NYCrulesU
I apologize Robert. I would have never thought that someone that spent 8 years on active duty would think that the military or the people would follow a corrupt President violating the law. See what happens when we make dumb azz assumptions about whole groups of people.

You wouldn't happen to have an older brother named Leonard would you?

Guest ThePunisher

I agree that government can and has been trampling on our Constitution for some time now. We've been slowly losing our liberties and freedoms, and the sheeple do not even realize it. If Obama gets 4 more years, I'm not sure our Constitution will exist any longer, or mean anything especially when the SCOTUS strikes down all our liberties and freedoms. The founding fathers warned us of government tyranny if we do not stay alert, and I believe we are beginning to witness those warnings.

Guest Lester Weevils
The NAACP and nation of islam have compounds ?

Hi hkgonra

I don't know if the NAACP have compounds. They probably have rural "convention camps" or whatever, just like many churches do, even some churches of rather modest means. Some folks in NAACP are plainly racist, and of course even the name implies racism, but I personally don't think the NAACP is "real high" on the scale of racism, merely because "real high" on the scale occasionally pegs the meter! NAACP might not even measure -48 dB compared to some of the groups that "burn out the overload indicator". :) Not that I agree with NAACP, but OTOH got no big beef with em either.

Am pretty sure I have heard news stories of "arab-american" muslim rural compounds, with rifle drills and the whole shebang. Some even in the eastern usa. Those might combine both the religious and racist angles?

Ain't got time to look it up, but I would be seriously surprised if the nation of islam doesn't have a compound or two.

Edited by Lester Weevils
Hi hkgonra

I don't know if the NAACP have compounds. They probably have rural "convention camps" or whatever, just like many churches do, even some churches of rather modest means. Some folks in NAACP are plainly racist, and of course even the name implies racism, but I personally don't think the NAACP is "real high" on the scale of racism, merely because "real high" on the scale occasionally pegs the meter! NAACP might not even get to -48 dB compared to some of the groups that "light up the overload indicator". :) Not that I agree with NAACP, but OTOH got no big beef with em either.

Am pretty sure I have heard news stories of "arab-american" muslim rural compounds, with rifle drills and the whole shebang. Some even in the eastern usa. Those might combine both the religious and racist angles?

Ain't got time to look it up, but I would be seriously surprised if the nation of islam doesn't have a compound or two.

Pretty sure there's one in Dover.