Guess it was going to happen just didnt think this soon.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had several Camaros and several Corvettes before I was 21. Got pulled over all the time in the Camaros, but never once in the Corvettes. I had a Camaro a few years ago (I was in my early 30s), got pulled over all the time, even when I wasn't speeding. I have a Corvette now, I've been pulled over three times in 6 years. Two of the times I was going about 10 MPH over the speed limit in a small town, the other, I was going about 20 MPH over on the local interstate. No tickets. Never once been pulled over in the Corvette for weaving or anything else other than speeding, but got it all the time in the Camaro. I think I see a pattern.

Back on topic: I've never had a problem during a traffic stop since I've been carrying (about 12 years). Even the time I was pulled over the in the Camaro for drag racing, even though I was absolutely not drag racing, she was cool about the permit.

Guest GLOCKGUY
I'm glad it worked out for you. It sounds like he got the gun part right. But I'm somewhat surprized by this:

Does a Camero indicate some type of concern for Law Enforcement? Just wondering.

this is exactly what i was thinking when i read this

Guest bulletproof
Just a FYI, our current Chief of Police thinks the best way to stop crime is by statistics. In other words the more routine stops you make the more legitimate criminals you will accidentally find due to warrants, car searches, ect. Not a bash and please don't go that direction, just to let you know why a Camero gets pulled over at night, ect.

My son in law is a LEO in Nashville and they have been doing a lot of stops for absolutly anything. It's part of some kinda gang suppression program. He was working the program the other night and made 8 stops. All 8 stops resulted in arrests for things like outstanding warrants, illegal firearms, driving without license but no gang members. They mostly drive unmarked gray Impalas. So if you happen to get pulled over and you don't know why, it's probably just Metro fishing. The only time I've been pulled over (taillight out) with my HCP I already had the license and HCP hanging out the window when the officer (Mt. Juliet) came up. He was pretty nice and said it went a long way with him when someone told him they had a HCP up front. It works for me. I didn't get a ticket.:up:

Actually, he works during the summer and is paying for his own insurance. It's not near as bad as I thought it would be.

TNDixieGirl, you have a good kid, he's learning responsibility early. My 17 year old son is the same way. He works part time all year, does good in school, bought his own car, pays his own insurance and cell phone bill, he started when he was 15. He joined the Army Reserves at the beginning of his Jr year and will be going to Basic this summer and I am dreading it. He will then come back and take his senior year and graduate and he hasn't decided if he will go on to college first or go active. He came home the other night in a uniform and I cried, he looks just like a baby in it.

ty-army.jpgmc-army.jpg

OK sorry to hijack the thread, had to brag on my baby, the youngest of four.

Guest TNDixieGirl

He looks like a fine young man dobes. Very well done. You have every right, and reason, to brag on him.

I too get teary-eyed thinking I only have him to myself for two more years then the college world gets him. I'd sob if he came home in uniform. But I'd be proud, just as you are.

He took the ACT yesterday (just one so he could qualify for some advanced courses the school offers next year). He was inducted into the Honor Society this year, and he works for the things he wants. And works hard! I couldn't do the outside work he does during the hellish Memphis summers. Whew. We told him we'd buy the car for him (great deal from a family member), but he had to provide everything else like insurance, gas, repairs. As long as he works hard, and keeps his grades up, we don't mind helping.

Guest db99wj

Dobes, I did that same program your son is doing, I went to Basic at Ft. Knox over my Jr to Sr year summer break, came back for my Sr. year, then went back to AIT after I graduated.

Wish I would have joined earlier. I also probably should have gone Army like my dad, but the Air Force called.

Glad he is doing the responsible thing.

LOL air force > army if you want to stay in for any amount of time. I decided i wanted to go army/infantry to one up my old man, AF/SP. big mistake. Like tower said I wouldnt trade my experience or time there for anything but its rare i want to do it again (except the kicking in doors part).

Thanks everyone, it was a hard thing allowing him to jump in like that but if I hadn't let him then he would have as soon as he turned 18 but this way he will have a year and a half behind him by the time he graduates. Tyler will be going to Fort Jackson for Basic, he already goes to Knoxville one weekend once a month for drill.

Dobes, I did that same program your son is doing, I went to Basic at Ft. Knox over my Jr to Sr year summer break, came back for my Sr. year, then went back to AIT after I graduated.

Hey db99wj, did you clean your room better when you got back from Basic?!?!?! :up:

If it's not been said already, I believe when the cops run your tags, it shows up on their screen that you have a HCP. That's why you have to go through DMV to register.

That is not correct. Your HCP info is attached to you Drivers License. If you'll notice they are the same number. The check that a dispatcher does to check the status of you HCP is actually the same one done to check you DL. When the info comes back there is simply one field that says Gun Permit Status..and it has a Y or N. This is even if you never had, or will never get a HCP. It will just say N.

Now when your tag is checked the info from that can be taken to run a DL check and the officer would know if the registered owner of the car has a HCP. But that doesn't mean the owner is driving the car. Also it wouldn't mean s/he is armed. I had my HCP for several years before I carried on a regular basis.

Also....it is the Department of Safety where you go to get your HCP. Tags are handled at the local County Court Clerks office.