Guess it was going to happen just didnt think this soon.

Got the carry permit in saturday (much to the joy of the mailman i bet) made a excuse to goto the store on saturday night just to finally let the bersa have a walk.

All was cool everything great, found out i need a better holster tho but i'll deal with it till then, but plan on a kel-tec mid may but lesson learned.

Went to work this evening (2nd shifter) and ride to work was different with it in the passenger seat under my coat.

Then on the way home tonight at midnight i'm almost home and see a car pull out and get behind me.

hmm

Next turn i get a good glance at it.

a LEO :D

Oh goody here comes the light's. :)

Pull over and do the hands on wheel deal (thanks for the reading on here guy's it helped to keep me on track and calm) explain to him i had a Valid carry permit and a weapon in the vehicle making sure NOT to use the term handgun before carry permit so as to not scare the guy. He asked to see it and i handed him the permit and dl. He looked at it and said hmm issue date of 3-28 just got it did yha? Then he congradulates me on it and ask's me what im doing out this way this late at night. I ask if he's new on night shift and i get a yes. :(

Find out he got me just becuase he thought it was odd for a camaro running around that late at night and wanted to check it out. Guess he know's better now.

He acted real cool after he seen my HCP, now i see what you guy's are talking about all the time.

Edited by Tobashadow
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL saintsfanbrian!

I was driving down a street last week, speed limit was 30, a cop comes up behind me and I glanced down and was going 32, glanced back into the rear view mirror and the lights were going, I said DANG, slid the gun a little further under my leg and pulled over, cop goes around me and goes after the guy in the truck in front of us that was zooming right on up the street. Boy was I thanking God that it was NOT ME!!! Hahaha!

I'm glad it worked out for you. It sounds like he got the gun part right. But I'm somewhat surprized by this:

Find out he got me just becuase he thought it was odd for a camaro running around that late at night and wanted to check it out.

Does a Camero indicate some type of concern for Law Enforcement? Just wondering.

I flew by a nicely hidden sherrifs truck the other day going about 8-10 miles over the speed limit :D I saw him pull out quick behind me and I thought "dang....there goes my 6 year no speeding ticket streak!" He sped up and rode my bumper for about three minutes with no lights.....I guess long enough to run my plates.....probably trying to intimidate me too....then he slowed and did a u-turn. Whew!!! That was close! I've never worried about having my gun on me when I've gotten pulled over. I don't tell them I have it either.....I figure if they don't ask, I won't tell. However, if they were to ask me to get out of the car I would definitely tell them then. My gun stays very concealed, so unless I had to exit the car they'd never see it.

Just to comment on the Camaro thing......when I was much younger, I had a brand new '89 Camaro RS, bright red with tinted windows and a $3000 stereo system (that was really a lot in '89!).......I bet I got pulled over at least once a week in that car. It was a pain in the neck!!! I made a 400 mile highway road trip one time (doing the speed limit too) and I was pulled over four times!!! One state trooper pulled me over not 30 minutes after another one had! I was thinking..."Don't these guys communicate?" LOL

Had my permit about 13 years and haven't been stopped since having it. (Knock on wood)

Sounds like you handled it well....

But I have to agree, it appears he had no reason to stop you in the first place. Being "odd" is not against the law. Contrary to popular belief LEO's can't "legally" pull over a car because they want to. Although it happens.

Guest TNDixieGirl

Oh great. My son gets his license in 2 weeks and I hope thats not an indication of what will happen to him cause guess what he'll be driving?

IMG_1103.jpg

Guest GUTTERbOY

I had a Camaro for six years or so. I got pulled over a fair number of times until I got a little smarter about speeding. I definitely never got pulled over for no reason. I think my record was getting clocked at something like 67 in a 45. That was a fun one.

"Well, you're the fastest one tonight."

"I don't think that's an honor I really like."

Now I drive a rattly old Bronco II. Oddly enough, I got pulled over three times in the first couple months I had it, two times for a burned-out taillight and once because I was "weaving." Didn't get any tickets from those, though.

I'm working down here in Tampa, Fla right now and we pulled up to the hotel and were unpacking and a couple of bicycle cops rode up..they had to be checking us out, simply because we were in the back corner of the parking lot of the hotel. Anyhow, they just chatted with me for awhile. I guess they wanted to see what that scruffy hooligan looking fellow was doing getting things out of an 08 Jeep wrangler.

When they found out that I was working on a tower here, and that Julie is a Nurse, they started asking about property prices in Tn. Go figure.

Guest TNDixieGirl

I had a car with power when I was young too and I survived. I was only stopped when actually speeding. :D Yep, I did some stupid stuff, but I also did stupid stuff in my mom's station wagon.

PennyCar.jpg

He and I went out in his car this past weekend to an empty parking lot, in the rain, and I gave him an extensive lesson on the dangers of the car (otherwise known as "losing control ain't fun").

Packin, he's great about the seatbelt. He doesn't even adjust his seat until he puts the belt on. He's actually better about it than I am.

If it's any consolation Dixie, when I had my camaro I lived in Illinois and the tint I had on the windows wasn't exactly "legal" at the time.......it wasn't enforced hardly at all back then though and I never got a ticket for it.....but it was the excuse the police needed to pull me over and check me out......a LOT!

Guest Law of Thirds

Ahhhh the joys of being young and driving fast. Been there, have the tickets.

Still, fast and reckless are very different, although usually inclusive.

Guest TNDixieGirl
Thread Drift seems to be the norm around here! LOL :D

True, true.....at least no one blamed it on the Glock he was carrying in the passenger seat.....lmao 4ux08p4.gif

I'M JUST KIDDING!!!!!! ;)

Guest clutepc

and I almost made a joke about how Mars hates glocks but I was afraid he would have someone start following me or something ..:D j/k

:D