any quitters here?

made it through another weekend. Today was most definitely the easiest day so far. To be honest I only even thought of smoking one time today. Not that I was thinking I wanted one but I was thinking how I had not thought about it all day, LOL

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last night at 6:30 pm was the three week mark for me, still tobacco free and nicotine free.

I will be really dissapointed if I cave in now. Meaning to go through all the crap it takes to quit this addiction, headaches, flu symptoms, a couple extra pounds, willpower. To fail now would really suck.

Smokers have to know that someday they will die from smoking or the doctor will demand they quit NOW. so either way you have to quit. I am just glad I guess to quit now on my terms. Better than quitting because I am taking a dirt nap on account of smoking.

Have not seen a post by Junglist lately, how you doing Daniel?

mikedwood, how about you?

Guest mikedwood

I'm not doing so well I will have to requit. I caved and it sucks cause I was feeling great but I got tired of 8 days of no other thought than wanting a cig. I'm not giving up on quitting them but it hasn't been a good week for this quitter.

Glad you are still hanging in it gives me hope. Three weeks awesome! Don't go back now for sure cause I can tell you it super sucks.

Don't give up on me cause as Ron White said "That boys got a lot of quit in him"

It took me two tries this time mike. I was going to quit on April 1 but caved in in short order, but a week later and I have not had one since. Actually April 15 was my new quit date but when my wife stopped on me while in AZ I did not have the heart to smoke one more week when she got back home. I never thought she would go through with it. but she is smoke free too, one month tomorrow.

Whats funny is we ask each other for ciggys all the time. Then basically say FU about it. Anyway it gives a laugh.

you can do it. Pick a date and start over.

We ought to shoot sometime

Guest canynracer

LOL...wow, I didnt know I wa gonna get called out!!! Well, you are doing so well, I will follow. Going to try a different approach...I am quitting Monday. sleep sunday, and work all week...that ought to help keep my mind off of it.

so monday May 5th.

Right on Canyn. You da man!

Keep that date foremost in your mind. Make sure people at work know, get all the support you can. Pier pressure to keep quit is a big help.

It really does get physically better after three or four days.

The hard part is saying goodbye to a dear friend in the process. Ciggys have always been there for me. But kick their ass (Butts, get it, LOL) to the curb!!

Does you wife smoke? If not I bet this will make her real happy.

Get her to let you increase the gun fund budget as incentive.

Guest Angel 24/7

I quiet about a month after my mother died 8 years ago she had, that damn disease you can't breath from smoking? Xd shooter goes 6 & 8 months at a time quieting & then all of sudden starts again??? Just use your will power & say I Quiet. Good Luck, anyone can do it!

Guest mikedwood
It took me two tries this time mike. I was going to quit on April 1 but caved in in short order, but a week later and I have not had one since. Actually April 15 was my new quit date but when my wife stopped on me while in AZ I did not have the heart to smoke one more week when she got back home. I never thought she would go through with it. but she is smoke free too, one month tomorrow.

Whats funny is we ask each other for ciggys all the time. Then basically say FU about it. Anyway it gives a laugh.

you can do it. Pick a date and start over.

We ought to shoot sometime

I'm glad it's working for you this time. I'm going to requit very soon I hope. I'm not taking this smoking thing very well. It's not as fun this time around. I felt better when I was not smoking, I'm thinking of the new quit date and am going to try and change some habits before that. Like not smoking in the house, and hopefully the car.

As far as shooting any time. I'm a member at Gunny's so if you wanna try that out sometime it would only be like $5 to get you in. It's a nice range. Anything upto a 30-06.

Have not seen a post by Junglist lately, how you doing Daniel?

still quit. i was gone for a week to MA for an armorers course. learned to tear down m9,m16-m4, m249, m240, m2, mk19 and repair rebuild.

still havent smoked although i want to every time i finish eating.

I am glad to read you are still going strong.

I am getting close to a month and I am pretty sure I am done with it. I know I do not want to smoke again. But then again I doubt anyone really WANTS to smoke.

It is an addiction and I know I have no choice in the matter. It is not like I can have one or two then be off them again.

There are still some times where I really get an urge to smoke. Not sure what sets off that urge. Might be driving down the road, or just get done cleaning a gun, or sometimes but not always after a meal. Just can't ever tell when the urge will hit.

Seems to be getting easier every day though.

Today I really had a taste for beer. Have some nice and cold in the fridge. But did not drink any. I just know it is going to make me want a smoke. Now mind you I am not going to get in the car and drive to the store for smokes. So I just decided the heck with it and skipped the beer.

I hope someday I feel I am to the point where I can have a nice cigar and drink a few adult beverages. Right now I am afraid it would end up with me smoking cigs again.

I really would like to throw a few beers in the cooler and ride the golf cart off into the woods and have a smoke and a drink.

Guest db99wj

Drinking. Why is it, that cigs and beer go together. I will drink a few, or other beverage, I want one so bad..

I know if i start drinking here at home I am not getting in the car to make a smoke run. So drinking would not lead to smoking. Maybe next weekend then.

Now if someone else was here and there was drinking and they were smoking it would be very hard to not want one. Not sure how hard it would be to not have one.

As for cravings - years later I still have them.

Thats what I keep hearing. I guess time just makes them easier to deal with.

My boss made me laugh the other day. We were talking about me not smoking and he mentioned he used to smoke. I was totally shocked. he is into health and has run marathons and done the Iron Man thing in Hawaii. I mentioned how I get urges to have one. He laughed and said " heck, i'd hot box the hell out of one right now if I could".

I really miss smoking and having some beers though.

Edited by Mike.357
Thats what I keep hearing. I guess time just makes them easier to deal with.

My boss made me laugh the other day. We were talking about me not smoking and he mentioned he used to smoke. I was totally shocked. he is into health and has run marathons and done the Iron Man thing in Hawaii. I mentioned how I get urges to have one. He laughed and said " heck, i'd hot box the hell out of one right now if I could".

I really miss smoking and having some beers though.

Sounds like me, when I quit I went for 3 days without one and I was smoking Kool Super longs:death:, Well I decided I wanted one and tried to "hot box it" and ended up on the floor drunk from the cig. That's when I decided to quit and haven't gone back since. But there are days.:D

lol Brian, heck a month ago I would see someone light up on TV or in a movie and I would have to excuse myself to go smoke. When to smoke is definitely contagious.

Heck now when driving back and forth to work it seems every car I encounter has a driver either smoking or blabbing into a cell phone or doing both.

Had some beers tonight. Did fine without ciggys. Substituted some .22LR instead :)

PS: you naysayers keep your anti alcohol and bullet :eek:comments to yourself. :taunt::D

Edited by Mike.357
Guest mikedwood
Had some beers tonight. Did fine without ciggys. Substituted some .22LR instead :)

PS: you naysayers keep your anti alcohol and bullet :eek:comments to yourself. :P:confused:

Why should we? I've read many times on the internet that a .22 can't hurt anything :rock: