any quitters here?

Guest bluecanary25

Don't give into the craving!!

Be strong. Think of the money saved so you can buy gas (or buwitts - so I'm a Elmer Fudd fan)!!!!!!

DA BOSS and I quit the weekend after 9-11. Cold Turkey.

We have a friendly contest on who will be the first to start smoking again.

So far, both of us are losing....... but we win :shake:

Wish you luck on fully kicking the habit

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dotsun
i've been stopped completely for 4 weeks now. used chantix since it was free through work. took about 2 weeks on it before I quit completely.feel much better....only gained 5 lbs.....well worth it. and i've saved about 300 bux so far

Wow, you were 3 packs a day? Good job on quitting. :shake:

It was mostly a temporary thing I guess, I am over the most recent cravings.

I suspect it will happen again and again as I go forward.

Really I try to look at the cravings as a reminder of how good I have done. And every day I am $3.50 closer to another rifle, LOL

Guest Wilson1

Mike.357 - hang in there man! When my first 30 day supply of Chantix ran out, realized my doctor didn't put in any prescription refills, thought well let's see what happens. Well it happened after about 4-5 days - took a few drags off my girlfriends smoke and ughh, nasty. Still cravings would occur. Now I'm on my second prescription.

Abailey362 - you get it free through work - medical field? or what insurance do you have? Not trying to be nosey, but I don't know ANYONE who has a free pass on Chantix -wish I did though. Nice!

To all - Congratulations!

Mike

Edited by Wilson1

I quit 10 years ago. Best thing I ever did for my health. Many chronic respiratory problems cleared up almost immediately.

I have to admit there have been times that I could have licked the bottom of an ashtray but for the most part the farther away I get the the less I think about it.

Hang in there it gets better and better. Just think of all the money you guys are saving.

Guest tedbo

I was a one pack smoker in 1979. I kept trying to ease up. It got to where I was up to 3 packs a day,swisher sweetscigars,snuff,chewingtobacco,etc. All the time trying to ease up.

Well,when cigs got from .50 a pack to .75 a pack I decided that was enough. I told my roommate that i was quitting Dec,31st,1979.

He laughed at me. Heh,heh,heh,I thought.Watch this.....

I quit cold turkey and haven't looked back. I took the money I would have spent in cigs and went to Florida for vacation and to this day it was the best! Congrats to all who quit and to those who are in the process!

You have to really want to let it go.:drool:

Guest Phantom6

My gosh Junglist, using your figures as a model I figure I've saved just under 11k in the last 7 years since I quit. Of course I just used a chunk of it of it to fuel another addiction..... ammunition.:D

i found and downloaded that software.

It is pretty cool. I have saved near 400 bucks. Well i dunno about saved, but at least I had it to spend, LOL. Gas and a few new .22 rifles.

It says as well that I have added about 6 days to my life. Well I dunno about all that.

It is pretty near when it loads up and tells me all that stuff

All I have to say is Dang I sure wished I had the money I ahven't spent on Cigs lately:

User - Free and Healing for Sixteen Years, Seven Days, 1 Hour and 18 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 528 Days and 5 Hours, by avoiding the use of 152127 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $24,418.70.

Talk about a gun buying experiance. LOL

Guest abailey362
Wow, you were 3 packs a day? Good job on quitting. :D

maybe my math was a bit off...but around here cigs by the pack are at least $4. pack and a half a day.....2 packs if I drank...plus the 2 weeks where I only went through about a pack a week....not $300 but still a lot

Wilson1 - I am a manager for hhgregg and we have Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Company started a program Jan 1 that anyone who had our insurance and our family members that were on our insurance would have the chantix coverd 100%. I paid my co-pay for an office visit and that's it. The lady at the pharmacy said she'd never seen insurance pay for the full 4 month cycle they prescribe

I asked at the gas station where I used to buy smokes. Winston Lights (what I was addicted to) 3.86 a pack, Marlboro products, 4.25 a pack. That is the before tax price I believe.

So glad I am not spending that loot to kill myself. There are much better ways to accomplish it.

I asked at the gas station where I used to buy smokes. Winston Lights (what I was addicted to) 3.86 a pack, Marlboro products, 4.25 a pack. That is the before tax price I believe.

So glad I am not spending that loot to kill myself. There are much better ways to accomplish it.

I smoked Kool super longs. :blink: . Try going 2 or 3 days without one and then "hot boxing" one of those babies. It will put you on your knees.

• 1 month later...
Guest SUNTZU

I understand what you're going through, Mike, because I too at one point...hold on...let me get my lighter...(talking around cigarette) quit once, but that all changed when I went back to work. Cough, cough...carry on.

Hannibal.jpg

Okay, reviving this thread.

If I had a pack of cigs I would chain the heck out of them right now. Hot box one after another.

This sucks. There ought to be a very heavy penalty for nicotine use.

Don't you give up now, how long has it been? That's what I thought, it's been too long to turn back now.

Guest Disney
Okay, reviving this thread.

If I had a pack of cigs I would chain the heck out of them right now. Hot box one after another.

This sucks. There ought to be a very heavy penalty for nicotine use.

Skip the weak stuff and go straight to the heroin!!!

Seriously man, I would laugh at myself for being a moron when I would have cravings. I would tell myself "You're an idiot!@ Why do you want to drop all that money on something to kill you faster, make you smell bad, and look like a fool?"

Keep on keepin on!!! You're in the clear my friend!

Guest superdrew4000

I smoked a pack a day for 12 years. I sorta, kinda gave it up when I met my then future wife, meaning I only smoked at work or snuck one or five when running errands.

What finally got me to quit was a cancer scare last year (everything is fine now). Not that I would recommend it to anyone, but it sure as heck worked for me.

• 4 months later...