Great Political Painting

ls3_kid

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils

A few days ago sipseystreet re-posted an older painting done by thepeoplescube.com in early 2010. thepeoplescube guys are a hoot. Whoever made this picture went to a lot of trouble and must be pretty talented. Maybe it is a photoshop job. Or maybe created from scratch. Perhaps it is a very good photoshop job on an old art classic. I'm quasi-familiar with common classic paintings, but do not recognize this one. Maybe it is a classic so common that a better-educated person would recognize it immediately.

falloftheObamaempire.jpg

Sipsey street link--

Sipsey Street Irregulars: The Decline and Fall of the Chicago Empire.

Party guests from left to right: Tim Geithner, John Kerry, KSM, Oprah, Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, Axelrod, Barack Obama, Michelle Obama,Hillary Clinton, Party Crashers #1, Rahm Emanuel, Eric Holder, Party Crashers #2, Harry Reid, John Edwards, Bluto, Andy Stern, Bill Clinton, Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann, Barney Frank, Kevin Jennings

Statues left to right: Che Guevara, Saul Alinsky, Obama, Chairman Mao, Lenin

Perhaps it is a very good photoshop job on an old art classic.

Thank you google...

http://pakway.wordpress.com/2009/12/31/art-of-paintings/

An appropriate expression of this accomplished the French artist Thomas Couture (1815-1879) with his painting “The Romans during the Decadence†(1847). Couture wanted to criticize his own contemporary french society. So he explained his painting with a quotation from the Roman poet Juvenal: “Crueller than war, vice fell upon Rome and avenged the conquered worldâ€.

roman_decadence.jpg

Thanks for sharing that video.

I also found this on the painter's website:

"Wake Up America"

McNaughton Fine Art

Also in the bottom right it shows his other political paintings. You can move your curser over the people to see his explanation really cool. Also in the "Wake Up America" look who is on the far left behind Obama. Kind of funny to me.

Guest Lester Weevils
nice work but I like this one better B)

02184d49.jpg

That is a well done picture. Am not saying bad about the others in the pic, but Ford and Ike are the only two I'd care to socialize with.

That is a well done picture. Am not saying bad about the others in the pic, but Ford and Ike are the only two I'd care to socialize with.

I like Palin too, and if she wasn't married, I wouldn't mind socializing with her. B)

Guest lostpass

I don't know. I bet Teddy would be okay. Liked to shoot and so forth. Plus if you could get the second Bush drinking that guy would probably be a lot of fun.

I don't know. I bet Teddy would be okay. Liked to shoot and so forth. Plus if you could get the second Bush drinking that guy would probably be a lot of fun.

Yeah, I always think of him as portrayed by Brian Keith in The Wind and the Lion.

- OS