Backwoodsman Magazine

Thought I'd share a publication I've found to be full of good articles about simple living, prepping and the outdoors. If you want to purchase an edition to checkout in the Knoxville area, Kroger in Fountain City keeps it on the shelf in their Magazine section. In the lastest edition there are topics about cooking on hot stones, how to make a hotwater heater that doesn't run on electricity. How to make a poor man's contender (waste of a good commie gun, if you ask me) and an article on the North Bay Forge Survival Bushcrafter knife, to name a few.

Their website is Backwoodsman Magazine

Check it out!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Backwoodsman is a good mag, but I'm a big fan of BackWoodsHome. :up:

I've only been a subscriber to BHM for 4 years, but frequently reference the BHM articles. I even have a few of their anthologies.

Their website allows you to look up older articles and subjects. Besides writers like Massad Ayoob, John Silveria, Claire Wolfe, and Dave Duffy make for excellent reading and with a strong Second Amendment Pro Constitutional and libertarian bent.

The only other mag I subscribe to is SWAT (and have since 1987).

BHM is a keeper, imho. :2cents:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.