Any levergun lovers out there?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first rifle I bought was a Marlin 1894C .357 magnum. A sweet little shooter. I know of at least 3 people who went out and bought one just like it after they tried mine.

i would have me one of those IF they made one with a pistol grips stock like the 1895 and the rounded lever like the 1895

Guest NormShaver
Mine is a Henry in .22, dunno if that counts or not but here it is

have any complaints with it? thinking about getting this or a taurus pump .22

norm

I LOVE the Henry .22 It is a lot of fun to shoot and is pretty darn accurate.

Piece of cake to take down for clean up too.

Good luck with the Taurus. they don't make them anymore.

I tried to buy one earlier this week. I have a bid on Gun Broker for another pumper, ( so don't go cutting me down there, LOL)

i am high bidder with about 28 hours to go, and I am not bidding any more of someone out bids me.

I might just buy another one if they did that.

I am pretty sure that a lever and stock from a different action is a "doable" thing.

Have turned a pistol grip 39A in to a "mountie" version. I also know that the action on my 1895 is very, very similar to the 336. Check Paco Kelly or Marlin forum.

Guest NormShaver
I LOVE the Henry .22 It is a lot of fun to shoot and is pretty darn accurate.

Piece of cake to take down for clean up too.

Good luck with the Taurus. they don't make them anymore.

I tried to buy one earlier this week. I have a bid on Gun Broker for another pumper, ( so don't go cutting me down there, LOL)

i am high bidder with about 28 hours to go, and I am not bidding any more of someone out bids me.

thanks for the help, i think i am going to go with the henry, i went and shot my 30/30 today and i want the lever!

i would have me one of those IF they made one with a pistol grips stock like the 1895 and the rounded lever like the 1895

just wanted to let you guys know that i did some poking around on the marlin forums and they did make a pistol grip verison of the .44mag 1894 in 2004 for a short period. might have made the .357mag not sure, but if you check pawn shops and gun shops, they might have one.

Guest jfountain2

Lever guns are the best. Mines a Marlin 336, I can't show it to you for 30 days and 100 post but it's my favorite rifle.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Wilson1

"Very" old Winchester 1892 in .38-40 given to my brother and I from an elderly neighbor when we were both teenagers - this wonderful gentleman (RIP) also provided us with a Winchester Model 12 20 gauge!

I also possess Marlins in both 30-30 and .44 mag.

Guest Ranger Rick
The only rifles I've ever had are leverguns. I don't know if it's the kid in me or what, but the classic lines just look better than any bolt action rifle. I've got two Marlins (30-30 and a 22 Mountie) and one Winchester 94.

Any other leverguns lovers in TN?

Post some pics!!!!

Always been a big fan of "The Rifleman" TV series starring Chuck Connors and Johnny Crawford. Whenever I think about lever actions guns I think of his. The Rifleman's Rife was a unique animal because of the over sized lever and the screw placed to "auto fire" the rifle when the action was cycled.

I've got a Winchester 94... 1986 version. Thought about putting the oversized lever on it. Cost is about $100 for it. But, haven't gone there yet. Love mine. (sorry no pic at the moment.)