Rick Santorum is resurrected as the conservative alternative

Guest ThePunisher

Guest ThePunisher

Rick Santorum gets needed wins in Minnesota and Missouri, and is running neck and neck with Romney in Colorado tonight. It appears Santorum is emerging as the conservative alternative to Romney, and I've finally made up my mind to support Santorum. Anybody else coming around to supporting Santorum?

It has now been announced that Santorum will win Colorado. Three wins in one night is pretty impressive for Santorum epsecially in Colorado where Romney won with 60% of vote in 2008.

Edited by ThePunisher
Guest ThePunisher

We don't need a pope. But y'all decide. I'll still go ABO.

- OS

Maybe he could exorcise the demons from the brain dead liberals in this country, and preserve our liberties and freedoms.

Guest tlondon

I decided to support him a while back. He seens to be more conservative than Romney or Newt. I am not to concerned about him being catholic. I will say this, any of the 3 mentioned will be better than whats there now.

Guest Lester Weevils

I'm only concerned that he is an intolerant dilweed goober. Wake me up in 2014 or 2016. Ain't much worth watching on this movie. Eject the DVD and ship it back to netflix.

As much as i will hate to do it on principle alone i gotta go with ABO in the general election. I will vote for who i like best in the primary.

The election may well be rigged anyway, but i will vote just the same.

Edited by Mike.357
Guest bkelm18

Yep, ABO here. Whoever gets the nomination gets my vote, don't really care who.. The 3 that are in contention for the nomination are crap anyhow.

Edited by bkelm18
Guest ThePunisher

Donald Trump, Tim Pawlenty, and John Bolton's endorsement this past week certainly didn't give Romney a boost to his candidacy in Minnesota, Missouri, and Colorado. Romney was surely disappointed with the Colorado results, since he got 60% of the vote in 2008.

• Admin Team

I think Mitt Romney has about as much chance of beating Obama as he does of being elected the next pope. I don't like him.

That said, I don't think his campaign has much chance at a national level when his staff can't even come up with an appropriate strategy to get enough news out there that even on the morning after three primary wins, 6 out of 10 of the top sites in Google when you query his last name are related to sodomy and beastiality.

...after three primary wins..

Wouldn't get carried away by this. Only one was a primary (MO), and it in name only due to a hissy fit with the RNC.

In short, no delegates were involved, and probably the biggest immediate outcome will be Newt losing more influence (read: raising money).

- OS

Big wins for Rick and I hope he can keep it up. Maine, AZ, and Michigan coming up next. Mitt will probably take Maine and Michigan is pretty liberal but he could take AZ?

Now we can look forward to the smear campaign against him. :puke: Romoney machine will no doubt drop a of load cash in false TV ads.

He'll also be labeled as an intolerant homophobe and all the LGBT crowd will come out of the woodwork in protest with the atheists and anti-constitutionalist mingling in the same crowd. The next debate will be all about social issues and the MSM will paint him as a religious-right-wing-radical who wants to go to war with Iran.

Yea, looking forward to it. :poop:

Going to dig out my old sweater vest and hope for the best. :woohoo:

Guest nicemac

I'm still voting my convictions this time. That means I won't vote for any of the current GOP contenders.

As much as I want to agree (and I understand the sentiment), all that tactic will accomplish is to put BHO right back in the White House-and that will be really bad for the country.

As much as I want to agree (and I understand the sentiment), all that tactic will accomplish is to put BHO right back in the White House-and that will be really bad for the country.

With all due respect, I don't think my ONE vote will put BHO back in the WH. I'm SICK of holding my nose while I vote.

Guest bkelm18

Pretty much. No 3rd Party candidate has any chance whatsoever at winning anything. So voting for one only means that the GOP candidate won't be getting that vote, and that's one vote more that they'll need to beat Obama.

I don't think this election is about change, it's about stopping.

Seriously, if you want to stop the current attack on liberty and freedom you really need to vote for the nominee to make sure BHO can't continue his agenda.

Edited by kieefer
Guest Lester Weevils

He'll also be labeled as an intolerant homophobe and all the LGBT crowd will come out of the woodwork in protest with the atheists and anti-constitutionalist mingling in the same crowd. The next debate will be all about social issues and the MSM will paint him as a religious-right-wing-radical who wants to go to war with Iran.

Well, it will only take a slight touch-up paint job by the media. Santorum himself already applied a good priming coat plus several finish coats. For anybody who bothers to listen to what the feller says.

Admittedly an intolerant person could theoretically be completely even-handed in office and never act on his non-egalitarian or xenophobic impulses. Everybody's got their hangups. Nobody's perfect.

It remains to be seen whether enough voters can genuinely like a person so neurotic, or be willing to risk that he can "rise above it" and do a good job anyway. The worst outcome is if too many R's either don't care or are not paying attention and Santorum wins the R nomination. In the general population of voters, he is not likely to fare so well, unless Obama has become so unpopular by election day that literally any random goober looks better than Obama.

I don't this election is about change, it's about stopping.

Seriously, if you want to stop the current attack on liberty and freedom you really need to vote for the nominee to make sure BHO can't continue his agenda.

No, it's about more of the same.

Well, this is interesting. Its a 3 man race. And the longer this race goes, the worse it will be for the nominee. The mud slinging between the candidates makes it easier for O to stay clean, and stay in office.

The recent polls suggest this. (Tho, really, the only "poll" that counts is the one on election day.)

Personally, I am sick and tired of people, who vote for a person, merely because there is a "R" or "D" following their name. Its what the political parties rely on, so they do not have to improve.

Really, I am sad the Tea "Party" is not a separate party. Their direction and push was funneled right back into the GOP mainstream, changing nothing...

Well, this is interesting. Its a 3 man race. And the longer this race goes, the worse it will be for the nominee. The mud slinging between the candidates makes it easier for O to stay clean, and stay in office.

The recent polls suggest this. (Tho, really, the only "poll" that counts is the one on election day.)

Personally, I am sick and tired of people, who vote for a person, merely because there is a "R" or "D" following their name. Its what the political parties rely on, so they do not have to improve.

Really, I am sad the Tea "Party" is not a separate party. Their direction and push was funneled right back into the GOP mainstream, changing nothing...

It's still early, the Tea Party only had an affect on one election so far. I wouldn't write the movement off. The strategy may be to change the GOP over time since history has proven 3rd parties cannot not overcome.

Well, Kieefer, I do not know if the "change from within" will work either. From what I have seen, it looks like those in charge of the GOP have been able to regulate them into a far less significant subsection of the party, like they have done with the "Religious Right."

Speaking of religion, has the media even really broached the subject of the Candidates' religious beliefs with the GOP? I have a distinct feeling it will, soon.

I am considering creating a topic on faith and politics. Even tho, faith and government are supposed to be separate... I have strong feelings, as I bet others do, about certain faith followers being placed in power positions in the government.

Ever checked what your faith believes about Mormonism? I think several here would be surprised.

Oh, I'll bet you religion will be an issue now that Rick is gaining ground.

BTW,

“I think this mandate violates our Constitution,†Boehner, R-Ohio, said Thursday. “I think it violates the rights of these religious organizations. And I would hope that the administration would back up and take another look at this.†Boehner is Catholic.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/02/02/boehner-white-house-birth-control-mandate-violates-our-constitution/

It's in the fore front now.

If I actually thought that voting in one of the GOP candidates would change anything, I would be glad to vote for them, but I don't.

I must repeat:

One flaw with the plan. You have to live with the 2-4 Supreme Court justices that O puts in. For the next 25 years.

They'll be bad enough regardless, but if GOP doesn't get the senate, they'll be so far left you'll need binos just to see 'em. (just like the two he's already installed, or likely worse).

- OS

Edited by OhShoot