Getting a new gun....

Goldsquare

Well looks like i'll be going to buy me a new Glock tomorrow. Gen.4 G21

I hope it gets along well with my other two glocks. lol

i'll use it more at the range and not as a carry gun because of the size. I figured if i was going to buy a .45 why not get a full size Glock....

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dubaholic2

Well looks like i'll be going to buy me a new Glock tomorrow. Gen.4 G21

I hope it gets along well with my other two glocks. lol

i'll use it more at the range and not as a carry gun because of the size. I figured if i was going to buy a .45 why not get a full size Glock....

Because you could get a 1911!

Yeah, if you don't have a .45 already, then a 1911 would be my recommendation. I realize that you would be looking at a lower end 1911 at the Glock 21 price point, but you could still get a nice pistol. Glock makes a good gun though, so to each his own....congrats on the new pistol whatever you decide.

Congrats on your new pistol. I would dare to say that most of us like Glocks a lot (actually I've just warmed up to them recently because of the grip size, but I've overcome that issue and appreciate everything else about them), and would agree that they are great pistols. However, the 1911 is such a classic that many of us just automatically think of a 1911 when it comes to a first .45 pistol. Congrats again on your new pistol...I'm sure you will love it! :up:

I too have a Glock 21 SF, before this model was too fat in the grip. It is hard to beat a Glock based on price, quality and round capacity. This model is very accurate too. G21 has alot more rounds than an eight round 1911.

This is my house and range gun. The G36 is one of my carry guns.

Enjoy your new Model 21!

Goldsquare, did you get the calf brace add-on for the ankle glove? It makes a huge difference to me in all-day wearability.

I also finally tracked down an ankle safe. It makes it nice to have a second magazine with me. I think I'm going to get a loop of elastic sewn onto it so that I can loop it over the top of my spare mag as it sometimes works it's way out of the sleeve a bit. I can just see if skittering out if I ever had to take off in a dead run (ok, really agressive walk. Pretty sure my dead running days are behind me - except maybe the dead part.)

Before I forget, congrats on the new gun. When you go to the range make sure you shoot it really slowly so that the 1911 fan boys will have time to grab a second magazine. :cool:

Mark

Edited by Mark A

Goldsquare, did you get the calf brace add-on for the ankle glove? It makes a huge difference to me in all-day wearability.

I also finally tracked down an ankle safe. It makes it nice to have a second magazine with me. I think I'm going to get a loop of elastic sewn onto it so that I can loop it over the top of my spare mag as it sometimes works it's way out of the sleeve a bit. I can just see if skittering out if I ever had to take off in a dead run (ok, really agressive walk. Pretty sure my dead running days are behind me - except maybe the dead part.)

Before I forget, congrats on the new gun. When you go to the range make sure you shoot it really slowly so that the 1911 fan boys will have time to grab a second magazine. :cool:

Mark

no I didn't get the calf brace. i've had it on around the house just for a few hours to see how it felt. and it wasn't bad. Today i'll have it on after work for a long period of time. and let you know how it fairs. lol