SIG 229

Paletiger13

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an agency re-issued P229 a couple of weeks ago. It was quite dirty and hadn't been well cared for. I had to go qualify with it that day, even before I could clean it.

The grips are slightly bulky for my smallish hands, and the decocker takes a little getting used to. But it was well above average accurate even for a dirty gun that I had never shot before. I qualified in the high 90's with it.

You might want to check into SIG's remanufactured pistol sales program. I think you can save $200-$300 over a brand new gun, and I believe they are warrantied.

Get a 229...I have one in .40 cal...the gun shoots anything you put in it. Very easily more accurate then I will ever be. It was my 2nd gun I ever purchased and it has absolutely spoiled my thinking on firearms. I didnt know that guns I bought after the Sig might not shoot any "ol" ammo, might jam, might not shoot straight, might have wear issues...... ;-D Get one. You wont regret it. btw mine is the 06 june edition...it has a nitron slide and a satin frame :-)...

Guest darkstar

I have a 229 (9mm) and it is by far my favorite, along with it's smaller cousin the 239 (also in 9mm). The Sigs are great guns. They seem like they were tailored specifically for me...thats how good they feel. Accurate as the day is long. I would highly reccomend the 229 (consider a 239 if you are looking for something a bit easier to conceal). They are a bit more pricey but worth it in my opinion.

I would reccomend visiting the Rabbi as he will give you a good deal but you will have to contact him to see if he has any Sigs for sale....I don't usually see any when I'm in there....I would also reccomend ASP in Joelton. I know they have a good selection of Sigs there in all sorts of configurations....their prices are very competitive as well.

Guest pherman926

I own and EDC a 229 in 9mm and am very pleased with it. It' s relatively compact and easily concealed, very reliable and more accurate than I can shoot it, I'm sure. I added Houge grips to it but other than that it' stock.

I bought it off Gunbroker for $450 in great condition with 2 extra mags and original case.

Guest Rccola

I've shot a 229 .40 and they shoot great. I have the 226 DAK and I love it. If you have large hands you might want to look into the 226 since they are a little bit bigger then the p229.

Also my 226 was a factory re manufactured and I picked it up for $620. I believe the 229 was a tad cheaper about $580 at Coal Creek.

Guest Law of Thirds

I love the way a sig fits the hand. I hate the control locations as a lefty since the only things reachable are the trigger and magazine release.