Just bought a new Ruger Single-Ten

glowdotGlock

Well I just bought a Ruger Single-Ten today. My fiance has been showing some interest in shooting. I own mostly Glock pistols and a few Ruger DA wheel guns. We bought her a Glock 26 at the Nashville show last weekend and she seems to like it better than my g22 as far as shootability. But anyways she wants to shoot some more so I told her that we'd get her a Mark series Ruger or a single-action, which is my favorite for plinking. I've owned a couple Heritage rough-rider SA .22's but this single-ten is such a beautiful gun. Just bought it this evening and I'm ready to take her out Saturday with it. Has anyone else bought this gun and have any likes or dislikes?

a6f840c4-af0c-65bf.jpga6f840c4-af21-408b.jpga6f840c4-af2b-a855.jpg

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've handled the Single-Ten and like it a lot but lean more towards the Single-Six 22LR/22Mag just because I've had more experence with them. If your lady enjoys the Single-Ten then start looking for a New Model Bearcat, its the nicest little 22LR field gun/plinker I've had the pleasure to own. My wife likes it to but prefers a small 22 pistol for plinking so I'm less worried about her claiming another one of my favorites...:-)

Well, I went out and done some shooting with it yesterday. I took out a cheap 525 count Federal box and only came back with around a hundred or so unspent in the box. It was smooth. Had no failures. I love the adjustable sights. I would have to seriously recomend this gun to anyone wanting to do some plinking or small game hunting.

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx

I have a 6" stainless Single Six with the ivory grips. It is a beautiful gun. It is extremely accurate too. You can't beat it for just going out and having some fun. Not to mention the fact that it's perfect for shooting some varmits. I really like the .22 mag cylinder too. Really makes the Single Six pack some punch. I do not shoot those rounds much though, they're a little expensive. I just keep them in the ammo box in case I end up needing them. The Single Six is one of the guns that I will never sell.