9 yr old girl dies from being forced to run

reed1285

http://news.yahoo.com/2-charged-death-ala-girl-forced-run-082216169.html

In Alabama. This poor girl, over freaking candy bars!!! I see stuff like this and just wonder what kind of mindset these people have to be in to force a poor child to do something like this. I dont think I could ever tell my daughter "Go outside and run till I tell you to stop." Especially not over a candy bar...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is cut and dry Child Abuse that resulted in the death of a young girl. They deserve the murder charge and if the evidence collaborates with the news article, I hope they are convicted.

Im all for discipline and taking charge if your child's nutrition, but this was neither. Makes me sick to my stomach. Make no mistake that poor girl was suffering long before her body quit working.

Makes me wonder what else they have done to her. It takes more than verbal threats to frighten a kid into do that. Most kids I know would have just hit the dirt and sat there no matter what was said to them. I feel sad for the little girl who never got to live her life.

Edited by Caster

It's certainly tragic, but if the neigbors saw them spank her they might be in some big trouble too. I know 3 hours is excessive and certainly not properly hydrating the child is abuse in this situation. I'm with Caster that they must have been doing some pretty crazy stuff to this kid either mentally or physcally to get her to run for 3 hours. I can't even get my 5 year old to take a bath.

Guest NYCrulesU

Let's see....lying over a candy bar....

- Stand in the corner for 9 mins (1 min per year/age)

- No dessert for a night...a week even

- No tv after school for a few days..a week

- No friends over after school ...or for a weekend

Any of those would have been more than sufficient to any intelligent adult possessing common sense.

Running for an excessive amount of time (somehow I'm just not buying the 3 hr time quoted in the article) ...any amount of time that clearly dehydrated the girl to the point of collapse and later die?

The person responsible...I beleive I read it was the grandmother?...ought to have her fingernails removed with pliers, hands dipped in vinegar, publicly lashed 100x, salt poured into the wounds.... then a good old fashioned hanging.

Edited by NYCrulesU
Guest NYCrulesU

It's certainly tragic, but if the neigbors saw them spank her they might be in some big trouble too. I know 3 hours is excessive and certainly not properly hydrating the child is abuse in this situation. I'm with Caster that they must have been doing some pretty crazy stuff to this kid either mentally or physcally to get her to run for 3 hours. I can't even get my 5 year old to take a bath.

Not making light of the topic...as it is disgusting and we all hope the adult in charge gets whats coming....

I just want to comment on the bath thing...

My girls must be water babies lol You say "Bath time!" and they are undressed, clothes in the hamper and their butts are in the tub with mermaid dolls before there's even a quarter inch of water. They are 5 and 3. They ask us if they can take baths! lol My wife and I can't help but laugh when it's bath time.