East Tn TGO Members MAY 2008 Meet

Guest 19colt11
Kingsport area on the 17'th?

Guys

I am new to the area and would like to attend (and shoot) on the 17. Need directions etc.

Help is appreciated.

Also are we shooting pistols and / or rifles. Any caliber limits?

joeaurelio at comcast dot net

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys

I am new to the area and would like to attend (and shoot) on the 17. Need directions etc.

Help is appreciated.

Also are we shooting pistols and / or rifles. Any caliber limits?

joeaurelio at comcast dot net

Hi Joe,

pistols and rifles will probably be in abundance. since there's going to be a cannon there, if Mark is home to host, I shouldn't think there would be a caliber limit, though I suggest that you ask him.

check the link a few days before the shoot, we'll have a map up (can you make that map and phone numbers a sticky marswolf?) for the shoot.

If you care to come out a few days before the shoot, I suggest you call and get permission since it's personal property.

also I want to point out that if you do come and you shoot yourself in the foot, we're not responsible for it :)

there WILL be an RSO on the line at all times, though..so no worries.

if you have a black powder pistol or rifle, bring it! We'll be shooting them as well as more modern firearms.

Not to speak for Mark but we have pretty much shot any conventional firearm there.

If you are planning on bringing an 88mm I say COOL, but Mark might say something else.

we have shot all sorts of Milsurp, sport utility weapons, big revolvers and small ones too. My preferences are anything that throws lead and goes bang!

Colt,

If you will PM me your phone number, I can steer you straight. As for caliber, if you can tote it, you can shoot it, I suppose. The 'range' has a 100 yard lane and several pistol lanes.

Guessing you are in or near Kingsport... welcome to the area.

Guest CleanSeries80

i've got about 100 rounds (combined) of 9mm jhp and fmj if someone wants to trade out on some .45 acp or .303 British. funding is a little tight to buy enough ammo to have fun with, so i'm just testing the waters out on some ammo tradin. oh and i think i have 50 or so rounds of .380 fmj. i have no idea why i have those cailbers, since i don't own anything that will fire them, but i have them.

Guest CleanSeries80

oh one more thing before i forget it, does anyone have any objection to a shoulder holster being worn? i know some people freak out about them so i thought i would ask before i made a decision on if i'm gonna wear it or not.

If anyone wants to do a pre-meet before the meet in the Gray/Kingsport area before the real shoot in the Gray or Kingsport area (of or course Blountville) let me know. I'm big on lunch, but supper can work to.

Please PM me.

Guest CleanSeries80

i'd be interested! i'm right on gray station road so i can make it just about anywhere in the area fairly quickly. got anywhere in mind?

If anyone wants to do a pre-meet before the meet in the Gray/Kingsport area before the real shoot in the Gray or Kingsport area (of or course Blountville) let me know. I'm big on lunch, but supper can work to.

Please PM me.

oh one more thing before i forget it, does anyone have any objection to a shoulder holster being worn? i know some people freak out about them so i thought i would ask before i made a decision on if i'm gonna wear it or not.

You are planning on wearing something besides the shoulder holster, right? :D Like, say, pants, shirt, etcetera? I have to say, seeing some guy streaking in nothing but a shoulder holster would freak me out too.

Hehehehe.... sorry. Couldn't resist a cheap shot. Seriously, you wear yours, I'll wear mine, then we can pick on everybody else. (now hide and watch, everybody will show up with one)

We might be able to swap a bit of ammo, I have a little 45 left, I think. Not sure about 303, would have to check. How about 308? I have quite a bit of that I could blow off.

Edited by Mark@Sea
Hehehehe.... sorry. Couldn't resist a cheap shot. Seriously, you wear yours, I'll wear mine, then we can pick on everybody else. (now hide and watch, everybody will show up with one)

I only wear mine on Empty Holster Protest Days... but I could make an exception this one time...

my trip to get black powder tomorrow fell through. I can get Pyrodex around here. It works fine and all. But it is not quite the same thing. I have a few ounces of the holy black left and I will save it for next week.

But the end result will be the same, big boom, lots of spark and smoke. Lead flying downrange. Its all good.

Guest Boomhower
But if needed maybe Boom and Pokey can borrow some from church for us to use. :shrug:

Bad juju man.....Last time we did this, the person that requested our friendly mice eaters.....well, let's just say that the snakes found a different snack.....We'll not go any farther with that story.....Like I said, bad juju man.

Guest CleanSeries80

well my wife DOES like when i do wear just the shoulder rig....lol

what do you have? i ordered one from andrewsleather.com very very high quality craftsmanship on the rig. SUPER comfortable and alot of options available. i opted for the triple mag pouch....it really balances out the weight of a fully loaded government model quite well. as far as .308 goes, i don't have anything that fires that.....yet...

You are planning on wearing something besides the shoulder holster, right? :shrug: Like, say, pants, shirt, etcetera? I have to say, seeing some guy streaking in nothing but a shoulder holster would freak me out too.

We might be able to swap a bit of ammo, I have a little 45 left, I think. Not sure about 303, would have to check. How about 308? I have quite a bit of that I could blow off.

I just have an M3 (repro). Well, and a WWII issued holster that I think may have started as an M3 or M7, but was at some point heavily customised to hold an extra magazine. It isn't in very good condition, though. Don't know what it was soaked in, but it is soft as kid gloves, but the shoulder strap is pretty much shot.

I see that Skwashdem may 'come out of the closet' too... way to go!

Mike, worst comes to worst I have a couple pounds of 3F goex, and a pound of pyrodex. That ought to get us through a few hours.

I am good on powders. I have about a quarter pound of black (bowing as I type that out), near half a pound of Pinnacle and half a pound of Pyro.

I will have your 200 .454 balls too! Gonna pick them up tomorrow.

Guest Boomhower
I will have your ....454 balls too!

Alrighty then. I think I'll skip this shoot.....Mike, your kinda gettin eat up with this, aren't cha?

your kinda gettin eat up with this, aren't cha?

Unlike most of you on this board I have very few friends here in Tennessee. That has been part of the price paid for relocating around the country several times with career moves to improve financial and life situations.

Going to these monthly shoots is about the extent of my social life. Yes I do get excited about it. Especially so in this case as there are others going to be there who share my interest in black powder and also whose company I very much enjoy. I did not mean to be over the top about something I am looking forward to and will enjoy very much.

The .454 balls are in trade for a powder measure Mark has ordered for me.

Guest Boomhower

O, I wasn't meaning to make you second think your gittyness.....and for the record, I'm glad you found me on here, and I am now consider'd a very close nutcase! :stare:

Looks like better than half a dozen at this point. Should be fun. 5, at this point, will be bringing BP firearms, if my count is correct. Just between Mike and myself, we have a dozen of 'em. We're Smokin'!

There is a H&K guy who came out last time who should make it too.

His father is a Glock guy, but they got confused on the weekends. He thought the shoot was tomorrow. He (sigh) won't make it, but Joe (local son) probably will.

Sorry the glock guy got confused. (Now a brief pause as I observe another golden opportunity to keep my mouth shut.B)) Seriously, though, hope he can make it some other time.

So far, Mike, you're the only one to express any interest in camping. You're still quite welcome to do so, of course. Hey, free firewood and all the squirrel you can eat :D.

This is shaping up to be possibly the busiest shoot yet. Boomhower, you aren't required to shoot bp, you know - modern firearms are welcome. So if you're gonna miss the shoot, you gotta at least come up with an entertaining excuse - maybe you were walking your snake and it bit you?

Had one of my patented screwball ideas for the prize for the cannon shoot - how does this sound to you guys? Top shooter wins a rebuilt/restored Coleman double mantle lantern, dating from the 50's or 60's. Alternate prize selection: NIB coleman hikers profane lantern - winners choice.

Guest dotsun

I've never seen a profane lantern before. I should be coming up Sat morning. Camping out sounds like a blast, but I doubt I could make it up there in time to pitch a tent in the daylight.