Bought a Draco

CLC

I picked up a Draco this weekend. It is classified as a pistol, so what modifications can I do without getting in trouble? I don't think I like the wood furniture, what do you guys think about a Lazer, I have RA- is there some kind of rail to make it easier for me to handle. I want to use a sling, kinda like leverage when I shoot and I really want a drum. What kind of ammo is best? Where can I shoot this in Knoxville? Might be silly questions to some but I am a lady and I have only shot at Coal Creek. Any help would so be appreciated! Oh and BTW, I also picked up a little Tec 9- same questions as above!

you may not put on a forend grip. You may not put on a stock. Those are the big 2 that require paperwork from the bafte. Last year the bafte lost ground on this (lost a case involving the forend grip) but its still not a good idea to do it -- the jury is still sorta out. Most other mods are "ok" ... what do you have in mind? sling is OK, laser is ok. You can use the magazine as a poor man's forend grip as well. I shoot my own reloaded ammo in my 223 pistol... no comment on the store bought stuff.

As far as ammo goes I run Silver Bear through all of my AK's and they all seem to like it pretty good,yes they do make quad rails and other variants of handguards for the draco that allow you to attach lights and lasers and all of that good stuff. The Tec 9 not so much, Im sure there is some way of rigging a rail onto it but I personally wouldnt do it, you should also be very careful with what ammo you shoot through it as I have seen Tec 9 frames split when using higher velocity rounds.

There's nothing you can do with the Tec-9. Just hope it'll shoot and function when you pull the trigger.

Draco....not muchyou can do to it unless you want a railed forend or unless it has a AK rail on the side for a mount. Adding optics is about your only recourse. No stocks, no foregrips unless you file the proper paperwork with the Feds.

Thanks for your imput! So where can I shoot it besides Royal Blue? And is it gonna be as powerful as my 44 mag to shoot! Just preparing the old bones! Lol

It will not have much recoil; the large frame gun, action type, and other factors will make it fairly gentle. It depends on what 44 mag using what bullets .... its impossible to say for sure but I would think a "typical" revolver in 44 mag would be worse than this gun.

You can shoot it on any rifle range. I do not know what pistol ranges in your area would allow it.

Guest bkelm18

Thanks for your imput! So where can I shoot it besides Royal Blue? And is it gonna be as powerful as my 44 mag to shoot! Just preparing the old bones! Lol

There's a nice outdoor range in Norris, probably 30 min north of Knoxville. You have to swing by the Norris Police Department to pay the fee and get your key. They'll give you directions from there. I'm not sure what the current fee is but if I recall they only accept exact cash.

There's a nice outdoor range in Norris, probably 30 min north of Knoxville. You have to swing by the Norris Police Department to pay the fee and get your key. They'll give you directions from there. I'm not sure what the current fee is but if I recall they only accept exact cash.

I think it is $40 now. I can't remember exactly, but I am pretty sure it was $40 when I renewed last year.

Norris is the bee's knees. It is pretty much the only range I go to unless I am taking a new shooter out and they want to rent something I don't own.

Matter of fact, I am headed up there tomorrow morning to put my new AR through it's paces, as it is the only day I can sneak away before the move.

Thanks guys! I am dying to try them out!! I haven't really had a chance to go anywhere yet! Hoping to sneek sometime tomorrow !

I really need to just join somewhere and start enjoying my little collection more often!!!