Crossbreed Supertuck

Guest Torrin

Guest Torrin

800 years ago I ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck for my SR9c, I finally got it last night! It was worth the wait, it is a very nice rig and very comfortable, even in first use. It really feels secure compared to my Ramora. (In fairness, it only look 3 1/2 weeks to get the Supertuck). Now I just need my HCP to come in the mail and I am all set.

Guest RCLARK

I wear one every day. Kahr PM40. Great holster. Took some time to get the carry height to my taste. I started out low and the gun made it difficult to get to my wallet and often pinched against my wallet when I sat. I moved it in the highest adjustment holes so the gun is up. My belt crosses the barrel area. The retention on the crossbreed is excellent so I don't need the belt tension to hold it. I wear it with both tucked and untucked shirts. Hardly a print. Very comfortable to wear all day. Great buy!

800 years ago I ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck for my SR9c, I finally got it last night! It was worth the wait, it is a very nice rig and very comfortable, even in first use. It really feels secure compared to my Ramora. (In fairness, it only look 3 1/2 weeks to get the Supertuck). Now I just need my HCP to come in the mail and I am all set.
Guest RCLARK

Desantis and Galco both make that style holster for around $35-$50. Crossbreed has dropped price since I bought mine. I assume in response to the competition. I have a Desantis for my LCP. It's nice and its comfortable but not the fit and quality of the Crossbreed. If it's gonna be on you every day I would spend the extra for the horse hide Crossbreed.

Several videos on YouTube on how to make your own. If you plan on making several the DIY might be ok to do. I bought some kydex but found out I was gonna need some tools and press materials that I don't have. I just needed one for me so I just bought rather than fabricate. Likely would have had to make a few for buddies for free......so in the long run I probably saved money buying one. :-)

RCLARK, thats the same problem I have. I thought about buying the materials and making one, but ordering one will be easier.

I ordered mine, for an sr9c as well, two weeks ago. still waiting, but as you said, i hear they are worth the wait. glad to hear you like it. Cant wait to get mine.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RCLARK

I'm thinking about ordering one for my Glock 33/26. I have a DeSantis IWB that I use now. It carries the Glocks good and somewhat comfortable.

What does the Super tuck give you different from a good IWB?

I have a DeSantis for my LCP and a Crossbreed for my Kahr. The Crossbreed has metal belt clips, softer leather (available in horsehide...which is really nice) and the retention on the Kydex was a better fit to the gun. I was able to heat up the Kydex on the Desantis and make it fit better. All in all a better quality holster in the Crossbreed.....you get what you pay for.

I've had a supertuck for awhile now but it may become a backup to the new holster I just got a holster from Frontline:

http://frontline-hol...r-iwb-holsters/

They are an established Israeli company that's new to the US market. I am very impressed so far. It's a leather iwb with an insert that makes the draw comperable to kydex and keeps it open when empty. I'm impressed with the craftsmanship and little details such as a clip that absolutely won't pull off the belt etc... I'll keep my supertuck for now but the Frontline is a little easier to take on and off and has a nice small footprint, without the negatives I've found with some other leather holsters. I'd definitely suggest Frontline as another consideration. I've not been impressed with Desantis, their pocket holster doesn't offer a draw as smooth as my aholster, and a leather belt holster I had didn't stay open that well or cover the trigger guard well enough for me to feel comfortable. That's one thing that's awesome about the Supertuck. It does provide a very secure feeling to have kydex around the trigger guard. I've had good luck with Galco, Crossbreed, Aholster and now Frontline. I've got to say I'll look at Frontline's line-up for future holster needs. They have a lot of cool offerings. They make a shoulder holster for an Uzi, in case anyone has an urgent need for one. :cool:

Edited by JReedEsq
  • Like 1

My DeSantis IWB summer special (leather) does good while in standing position. Uncomfortable in sitting position especially in car.

Carry is about 4:00. Will the Galco Kingtuck or Crossbreed Super Tuck eliminate the pressure of gun inprinted on

lower back/kidney area?

Guest Torrin

My DeSantis IWB summer special (leather) does good while in standing position. Uncomfortable in sitting position especially in car.

Carry is about 4:00. Will the Galco Kingtuck or Crossbreed Super Tuck eliminate the pressure of gun inprinted on

lower back/kidney area?

I unholster before getting in the car, but sitting in a chair is fairly comfortable with the Supertuck.

lower back/kidney area?

It depends.... The leather backing will spread the pressure out over a larger area which may make it for or less comfortable. I think holsters are so subjective that what might feel more comfortable to you could be less comfortable to me. Personally, the only thing that makes any iwb comfortable for more than an hour in the car is to slide it around closer to 3:00 rather than my usually 4-4:30 position. 3:00 is less concealable for my body type but it doesn't matter to me if I'm driving. My Galco summer comfort, can be a little more comfortable, is easier to take on and off, and is easier to move around between positions if I'm going to be in and out of the car. For me, the real advantage to the supertuck is that the way I've got mine setup it conceals really well. If I want to conceal with just an untucked t-shirt, I go with the supertuck. I've even carried a full-size with an untucked short-sleeve button-down. It justs keeps the grip of the gun pointed right at the small of the back, even if I'm moving around. It's the most concealable holster I've tried. I keep trying new holsters. I've hated a few and kept a few, but I'll keep the supertuck in my lineup.

Edited by JReedEsq
  • 3 weeks later...

Ive had a Supertuck and a Kholster. I actually have recently bought another Kholster but I will not trim this one. I found the Kholster a lot more comfortable than the Supertuck as well as I believe they are quicker to ship(maybe cheaper).

Received by Crossbreed Super tuck for subcompact Glocks today. Took less than 4 weeks. I am wearing it now with my G33 and it feels good.

Should be alot better when broke-in. Thanks TGO for recommendations.

• 4 weeks later...

That looks really close to a super tuck. If it's is as comfortable as a super tuck then you should be happy with it.

I've been carrying a super tuck for the last year and it is really comfortable. I wear it all day with a tucked in shirt and I set quite a bit and it is still comfortable. It is also comfortable when moving and doing other activities.

Mine took nearly 4 weeks to get but I love it. It's super comfy for driving for me. I don't have any concern about retention with it. The difference compared to my single clip iwb(had so long I don't know what brand anymore) is like night & day on comfort.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...
Guest FIST

Desantis and Galco both make that style holster for around $35-$50.

I used the Galco king tuck and recently switched to the Crossbreed, definite difference, Crossbreed seems to be of superior quality and workmanship but I suppose time will tell.

Guest goldn2637

I also have the supertuck in the horse hide for my duty pistol. I had to do a little cutting on it as it dug into my side a bit. All-in-all I like it alot. I would appreciate a way to swap out the the holster for another...just sayin'.