P345 vs. P90

Which is the better Ruger - 345 or the 90?

Thanks for your feedback; I am a Ruger freak and will buy one or the other, so please do not respond with Ruger criticism. For those who like Rugers, I really want your feedback about which from above is the better firearm.

Thanks

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the Rolls Royce a better car than a Honda?

Maybe, maybe not. If you're looking for something cheap to get around in that doesnt use much gas then the Honda is better by far.

If you're looking for something that rides nicely and impresses people then the Roller is it.

Without knowing any more it is impossible to say.

But I will say I'd be hard pressed to name a production gun (outside of the usual Jennings/Ximinez stuff) that I wouldn't rather have. Sorry.

I own a P345, and find it a reliable, inexpensive, and fairly accurate firearm. I guess the emphasis should be on reliable and inexpensive. It is my impression that Ruger intended the P345 as an update for the P90. It is slimmer, lighter, and reasonable (but not ideal) for concealed carry. It is certainly not a match grade pistol, but much better than a sharp stick.

• Administrator

You didn't mention it, but the LCP is the only Ruger handgun I'd own at this point. Nothing else that they offer is even remotely competitive in terms of design, ergonomics or carry-ability to anything from the other major manufacturers.

Sorry.

Between the two, I'd say the 345 is the better pistol since it is lighter and has better ergonomics... both have equal accuracy, from the limited experience I've had with either of them. Probably the reason why you don't hear much about the P90 anymore (not to mention the P97).

You didn't mention it, but the LCP is the only Ruger handgun I'd own at this point. Nothing else that they offer is even remotely competitive in terms of design, ergonomics or carry-ability to anything from the other major manufacturers.

Sorry.

Oh I dunno.

I am eagerly awaiting the new SP101 in .327Federal. The heavy bullet is about 115gr and going 1300fps. In a 6 shot compact format like that it sounds like a winner to me.

But the semi's are 2nd rate. The advantage of the LCP is fit and finish over the Kel Drek, which isnt saying much.

^^^^^^^^^^^

I like the idea of this cartridge too. I'd be very inclined to pick one up myself, though I'm sure we'd both prefer a J-frame.

A chamber reamer for a .32h&r lever-action rifle to accept this cartridge would be nice, too... It would be one helluva varmint caliber.

I retract.

It's 100gr at 1500 fps at the muzzle for the soft point. 80gr at 1400 fps for the hp.

It will give the 9mm a real run for the money. For recoil sensitive you can shoot 32H&R, .32S&W long, .32S&W short and probably .32acp.

Yeah, lets see teh Smith 432PD go back in production.

Guest Hyaloid

I own a 345, and it's ok. I have had some problems with mine, the dreaded 'click no bang' syndrome. The 345s are not supposed to be dry fired without a magazine in the well, else the firing pin can become bent.

The ergonomics are good, recoil is manageable and accuracy is just fine for self defense purposes.

Cleaning is easy (just watch the recoil spring orientation).

Overall, it performs just fine, and Ruger customer service has been great to deal with to resolve the issue I had.

Guest Houseboat

for me it is the 345 all the way..It has been my daily carry for years it is something that I just feel comfortable with..I own 3 XDs,Glocks,etc.etc. Just like my 345 then I also like vanilla ice cream