Peyton to the Broncos?

Sandman

Tebow is not a long term NFL QB. His skill set is not a fit for that position. Peyton gives the Broncos a better chance at a Super Bowl and will give Denver a chance to draft a pro style QB and develop him.

Tebow will go to Jacksonville but won't be there very long.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He led the Vols to a loss against a Memphis high school. I haven't had any use for the guy since then.

And then he went to the Colts. Not a big deal until conference realignment and then he became a thorn in the side of the Titans.

And its clear that he is not the better Manning. Eli is better.

Just no reason for me TO like the guy.

With due respect, Manning threw for 296 yards that night, and without the blown no-call on the punt return, UT wins the game. If you wanna be mad at someone, how about Phil Fulmer and David Cutcliffe? The team was sloppy and ill-prepared (not the first time, nor the last), and the offensive gameplan sucked. To blame Manning for all of that is a bit of a stretch.

As for your second reason, that makes MUCH more sense. Still, if you're a Titans fan, it would seem that you would WANT someone like Peyton Manning on your team. You do realize that the franchise has never won a Super Bowl, right? Ever. Not even as the Houston Oilers. And a big part of that is because of a lack of a franchise quarterback over the years. I'm just sayin'.

Oh, and I don't think you'll find many folks who will agree with you regarding Eli's place in the pecking order of NFL quarterbacks (both presently and all-time), but you're certainly entitled to your opinion--colored though it may be by the biases noted above.

With due respect, Manning threw for 296 yards that night, and without the blown no-call on the punt return, UT wins the game. If you wanna be mad at someone, how about Phil Fulmer and David Cutcliffe? The team was sloppy and ill-prepared (not the first time, nor the last), and the offensive gameplan sucked. To blame Manning for all of that is a bit of a stretch.

As for your second reason, that makes MUCH more sense. Still, if you're a Titans fan, it would seem that you would WANT someone like Peyton Manning on your team. You do realize that the franchise has never won a Super Bowl, right? Ever. Not even as the Houston Oilers. And a big part of that is because of a lack of a franchise quarterback over the years. I'm just sayin'.

Oh, and I don't think you'll find many folks who will agree with you regarding Eli's place in the pecking order of NFL quarterbacks (both presently and all-time), but you're certainly entitled to your opinion--colored though it may be by the biases noted above.

This is sports, how dare you bring logic and thoughtfulness to it.

In all honesty, every part of me WANTS to hate Peyton but I can't. I have too much respect for him as both a talented REGULAR season quarterback and person. As a post season/superbowl quarterback, he is a bust.

Eli might not be on a lot of people's lists and I don't care. The truth is, Eli has gotten it done TWICE and Peyton only once. Eli got his first ring in, what, half the time that it took Peyton. Eli will cement his place with a third ring in a few years and Peyton will be doing good to just get one more.

This is sports, how dare you bring logic and thoughtfulness to it.

In all honesty, every part of me WANTS to hate Peyton but I can't. I have too much respect for him as both a talented REGULAR season quarterback and person. As a post season/superbowl quarterback, he is a bust.

Eli might not be on a lot of people's lists and I don't care. The truth is, Eli has gotten it done TWICE and Peyton only once. Eli got his first ring in, what, half the time that it took Peyton. Eli will cement his place with a third ring in a few years and Peyton will be doing good to just get one more.

Again, I think 'bust' is a bit of a stretch. Peyton DOES have a ring (more than can be said even for folks like Dan Marino), and in his second trip, he was simply beaten by a better team. And, I guess that's the point. The Colts were never at any time a juggernaut team. They were built around Manning, and the ridiculous impact that he had on them became painfully apparent during his absence last season. The Colts were absolute garbage before Peyton, and all the evidence suggests that they will be garbage once again now that he's gone. To suggest that it's somehow his fault that they won only one Super Bowl during his tenure is a bit unfair. If anything, it's a testament to his greatness that a single player could have that big an impact on a franchise.

I'm not taking anything away from Eli, but he has had MUCH better coaching, a MUCH better running game, and a MUCH better defense to rely upon throughout his career than his brother has.

Personally, I couldn't care less where he went, but, my daughter does. She is (was ) a huge Broncos fan,

but can't stand Peyton. She's getting rid of all her Bronco stuff & joining the Packers with her husband. LOL

Kinda funny tho to see Bud Adams not get his way for once.

No big mystery where the spotlight will be next season.

How does someone just up and quit on their fav team?

I think the Broncos ought to keep Tebow. Maybe he coud learn from Manning.

The only thing Peyton could teach Tebow is how to read defenses, but they have coaches for that. He can't help him with throwing motion, release, etc, because Tebow is not that type of QB. He's a tight end that they let play QB.

Edited by EB-SF

I'm not taking anything away from Eli, but he has had MUCH better coaching, a MUCH better running game, and a MUCH better defense to rely upon throughout his career than his brother has.

Exactly. Peyton may be a better QB, but Eli is on a better team.

Personally, I don't understand how the Colt's GM still has a job. In a game that's overrun with career ending injuries, what sort of idiot builds a team that's so completely dependent on ONE player for success? No one is invulnerable, even the golden child.

Annoying as he may be, I also think the Bronco's will be remiss to unload Tebow. Don't count your chickens...

Exactly. Peyton may be a better QB, but Eli is on a better team.

Personally, I don't understand how the Colt's GM still has a job. In a game that's overrun with career ending injuries, what sort of idiot builds a team that's so completely dependent on ONE player for success? No one is invulnerable, even the golden child.

Annoying as he may be, I also think the Bronco's will be remiss to unload Tebow. Don't count your chickens...

He doesn't. He was fired immediately after the season--before it was confirmed that Peyton would be released. The owner cleaned house in the front office.