Bragging a bit...

TGO David

• Administrator

Last night my wife and I spent time cleaning the handguns we took to the middle Tennessee TGO meet on Saturday. She's way past shooting everything that we own, so Saturday she asked if I'd show her how to clean them.

Yesterday she followed along as I cleaned the HK and then she disassembled, cleaned and reassembled the XD with me just making suggestions along the way. We were pushed for time so I cleaned up the 1911, but she followed along to make sure that she'd know how to do it if she ever has to.

I love that woman. :P

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awesome. Good for you. I'm hoping to get mine as interested. Right now, we're just starting shooting, maybe yours can influence mine if we get a chance to get together sometime. After all, we don't live a half mile apart.

• Administrator

True! I was actually pretty shocked that my wife wanted to clean the guns. I mean, she cleans around the house all the time but she really has this driving urge to learn about what makes machines tick. She even wants me to teach her how to change the oil in her truck sometime soon.

Come to think of it... we just got her signed onto my life insurance as a beneficiary. Maybe she's planning to get rid of me! :P :P

My wife wanted her own pistol after shooting mine for the first time. I told her good & we got her the 24/7 about a week later. I made it clear with her that it is her gun that when we get home I will figure out how to disassemble it, then it is her turn. now she enjoys cleanning hers as much as I do mine.

PS easilyobsessed I have one too. Yes she has a sister, but she's taken also she is a TBI agent.

Edited by xd shooter
Last night my wife and I spent time cleaning the handguns we took to the middle Tennessee TGO meet on Saturday. She's way past shooting everything that we own, so Saturday she asked if I'd show her how to clean them.

Yesterday she followed along as I cleaned the HK and then she disassembled, cleaned and reassembled the XD with me just making suggestions along the way. We were pushed for time so I cleaned up the 1911, but she followed along to make sure that she'd know how to do it if she ever has to.

I love that woman. :P

Hahahaha, yeah, Sandy Rocks; definately a keeper

She's got a sister but she's been taken for a while. Not sure if she'd really be into shooting guns, let alone cleaning them. Maybe we'll work on her some. :)

You plant the seed of mistrust,ill plant the seed of my incredible good looks,and personality,and I think that will be enough to take her sister :cool::up:

Guest GregRN
I don't mind cleaning my wife's gun, she cleans nearly everything else.

I agree. My wife loves to shoot, but when I mention it is time to clean the guns she says, " Oh, no!" She also wants no part of changing the oil.

Guest Boomhower

I'd say your on your last leg Tungsten. All you can hope for is that if you treat her good enough, she'll keep you around just a little while longer before she takes your guns and boots your jazz. :shrug:

And congrats.....sounds like your breaking her in right!! :rolleyes::popcorn: