May Mid-TN Eat & Shoot May 17th @ Owl Hollow

Pick a restaurant for lunch on May 17th  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a restaurant for lunch on May 17th

• Cracker Barrel (Spring Hill, TN)
    • Snappy Tomato Pizza (Spring Hill, TN)

WHEN: Saturday, May 17th 2008. 11:30am - ??

WHAT: Middle Tennessee TGO Meet & Shoot

WHERE: Spring Hill, TN (Owl Hollow Gun Club)

We will all meet for lunch at 11:30, at Snappy Tomato in Spring Hill. (click here for map)

After lunch we will adjourn to the Owl Hollow Gun Club for an afternoon of shooting fun. (click here for map)

Cost to shoot is $5.00 per person. You must supply your own eye and ear protection, paper targets and target hanging materials. Handgun pits require clothes pins or tape to hang targets from a wire stretched across the pits. Rifle lanes require a heavy duty staple gun to fix your targets to the backer boards.

Recommend that you bring insect repellent. Weather dependent, also bring sunscreen and/or shoes that you don't mind getting muddy and dirty. This is an OUTDOOR range.

Directions To Owl Hollow Gun Club

Range is located approximately 10 miles south of downtown Franklin, Tennessee in Williamson county. From I-65 South/North take the Peytonsville Road exit, #61; go West about .7 mile to the red light at South US 431 (Lewisburg Pike); turn South (towards Lewisburg) onto US 431 and go approximately 6.5 miles to Owl Hollow Road; turn west onto Owl Hollow Road; the range is located approximately 1.1 miles on the left side of the road.

Approximate GPS Coordinates for those with GPS devices: Latitude 35.7606 N ; Longitude -86.8571 W

Edited by TGO David
Amended first post in thread to reflect date and time.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Snappy Tomato wasn't bad and there were ample accommodations for the size group we had this past weekend. The only sticking point with Snappy Tomato is that they do serve beer, which makes carrying in there illegal. The alternative is to leave your carry weapon in your vehicle. ;)

Other than fast food, there aren't too many restaurants in Spring Hill that don't at least serve beer. Cracker Barrel would be the exception and it's at the opposite end of Spring Hill from the range.

I will say this about Owl Hollow: If it rains before or during the event, bring rubber boots if you plan on shooting at the handgun pits. They really need to dump some gravel all the way up to the foot of the berms on those pits; my boots were absolutely caked with mud by the time we were done shooting.

That was what I figured... but that was the issue in Murfreesboro too.

Cracker Barrel would be fine with me, I'd be driving an hour and a half or better to get there as it is, what's an extra ten minutes? Problem is, I'd get so full that I'll have to sit down to shoot.

The 24th/25th is Memorial Day weekend. We could turn this into a cookout & shoot event if we put some leg work into it, maybe even advertise and have some competitions and/or drawings for TGO hats/shirts...? Split the proceeds with the sponsoring range/club...

Depends on how many people could actually come that weekend, but this general idea might be worth considering for a joint TGO meet somewhere around Nashville later this summer perhaps, and hold a 'First Annual TGO State Eat & Shoot'...

Keep in mind that May 10th is the Hero-Gear 5.11 / Smith J-frame / BBQ in the parking lot extravaganza

If the 10th were to be a popular date, I think we should have the Meet & Shoot in Winchester/Tullahoma.

Unfortunately the 10th wouldn't work for me personally, either way, since I'll be in Atlanta.

• Administrator

I'd say we should steer clear of the Meet being on the 10th just so as not to conflict with other things nearby (such as the Hero Gear sale). Furthermore the holiday weekends look to be a bust according to the poll, so maybe we should just drive a stake into the ground and declare May 17th to be the day.

:devil:

• Administrator

I am changing the first post in this thread to reflect the concrete date and time for the Meet. I am also changing the poll so that we can pick a place to eat. This poll will be open for the next 7 days.

Please vote accordingly. ;)

Guest themark712

Awesome! I've seen the threads about other MT shoots, and was hoping there would be one in May. As yet, I don't have plans for the 17th, so I'm pretty certain I can be there. Can't wait!

Edit: Looking at OHGC's website, they require an orientation to shoot at the range. Will we need to have completed this by the date of the Mid-Tenn shoot? I ask because I've never been there.

Edited by themark712