• Cracker Barrel (Spring Hill, TN)
    • Snappy Tomato Pizza (Spring Hill, TN)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Angel 24/7
We'll both be there.

Your wife is also a newbee, correct? I am still learning, I am hoping to learn alot! I have shot my gun twice. See you guys in a couple weeks!

• Administrator
Your wife is also a newbee, correct? I am still learning, I am hoping to learn alot! I have shot my gun twice. See you guys in a couple weeks!

She's new to the forum and fairly new to shooting. We've been shooting together about five times now. She's gotten pretty good at it though. :up:

+1 on the wife bringers. Mine is coming with me on the 17th. She has been shooting 2 times now. I'm trying to get her more involved and interested so I can justify buying her a gun of her own. I'm looking forward to it. I bought a Marlin 60 22LR for a really good deal and can't wait to try it out. I'm also gonna take the deer rifles that haven't been shot in 3 yrs. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Guest Southron Boy

Junglist--

How about you go to Spring Hill, and I'll go to Ft Knox? I'm brand new to the board and don't know anybody, and I haven't been on an Army range in >20 years. The M19 and M249 are new toys to me, and I'd skip a meal at Cracker Barrel any day to get behind a Ma Deuce again.

+1 on the wife bringers. Mine is coming with me on the 17th. She has been shooting 2 times now. I'm trying to get her more involved and interested so I can justify buying her a gun of her own. I'm looking forward to it. I bought a Marlin 60 22LR for a really good deal and can't wait to try it out. I'm also gonna take the deer rifles that haven't been shot in 3 yrs. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Angel shot my XD one time & said she loved it she wanted one. So I didn't hesitate in helping her find one. Later if she does'nt want it I have another pistol.LOL.

About the range how big of a rifle can we shoot? I have a few deer rifles I have not shot in a long time & one i've never shot. 7mm mag., & 270, & that dang six & a half Jap as Rabbi calls it.

Is anyone taking an airweight 38 spcl that my wife can try out. She wants a Charter Arms pink lady, but does not want to buy it without knowing what recoil of an airweight 38 spcl feels like. Thanks.

• Administrator
Is anyone taking an airweight 38 spcl that my wife can try out. She wants a Charter Arms pink lady, but does not want to buy it without knowing what recoil of an airweight 38 spcl feels like. Thanks.

My Smith #442 is not a Airweight but she's welcome to try it. It's virtually the same gun but with a steel frame. The Airweights are scandium frame gus and the light weight makes the recoil quite a handful.

That's great Molonlabetn. I'm glad she'll be able to give it a test drive. I wouldn't mind buying her one like yours, and if it was too snappy, I'd keep it as my own. However, with a Pink Lady, I have no desire to keep that one.

It could be for sale, if you happen to like it. I've got a pocket pistol and a reliable HD gun, so I don't need it anymore.

It shoots great. No problem to plink with std-pressure .38s all day long.

Guest themark712

Does anybody coming on Saturday happen to have a 4" revolver they'd let someone squeeze a few rounds out of, provided they supply the rounds? I'm interesting in trying out a 4" .38 or .44.

Hey Themark712,

I've got a a 2" 38 m64, a 3" 38 m10, a 4" 357 m19-5, a 6" 357 m19-3, and a 6" 44 PC 629-4. All of them are S&Ws, and I'd be glad to let you try them all out. You can shoot 38s out of the 357s, too.

All of my ammo is handloaded, so it may not represent or feel like standard factory stuff, but your are more than welcome to shoot it up. The only thing I won't have on hand are 357s, because I haven't had time to load any yet. If you want to buy your own ammo to shoot, that's fine too! :D

I'll be easy to find at the range... I'll be the only guy there without an autoloader.... that, and I'm chubby!

See you saturday,

James

Yes, the Mosin will be making an appearance, as we'll be at a longer distance outdoor range. (On Target asked me not to bring it back. Sean/Shawn/Shaun told me the steel core ammo was blowing holes in their backstop!!)

However, it will be on a limited firing basis, as I only have like 65 rounds left, and I won't be able to buy any more ammo any time soon. I think I'll bring 25 rounds. If I bring it all and try to save some of it, I will talk myself into shooting it while we're there!! I can never come home with any ammo left over for some reason! (Except .22... it takes FOREVER to go through 550+ rounds in a Ruger Single Six!)