Stag ok for beginner?

Guest miller7

Guest miller7

I'm currently looking to buy my first AR. I have quite a bit of experience with handguns, but none with a rifle. I've been reading alot of reviews and doing some research, and I really haven't come across much negativity towards Stag rifles. I'm looking at the model 2T for a potential purchase. This firearm will be mainly as a hobby/targetshooting/zombie apocalypse gun. Does anyone have any experience with Stag, or have any other suggestions or advice?

I had the model 2. It was a great rifle and one of my first AR's. You will not be disappointed. On the other hand, for that same money you can buy a BCM, Colt, Spikes, Daniel Defense and be just a smidge higher on the food chain.

Guest Plainsman

On the other hand, for that same money you can buy a BCM, Colt, Spikes, Daniel Defense and be just a smidge higher on the food chain.

This.

Guest miller7

thanks everyone. I've still got a month or two before I'm ready to buy. It seems like every forum I am reading, Stag's are rarely ever mentioned. Neither, this is the best AR, or this sucks stay away kind of comment. I'm not sure if the Walmarts in Murfreesboro sell guns, but i will keep an eye on the colt as well. I'm looking to spend up to around $1000 without any mods on it, but for that price, I'd at least like some kind of a quad rail. I'll probably make the cliche mods to it, meaning Magpul furniture, and maybe an Aimpoint red dot. i still have a lot of research and deciding to do I guess.

thanks everyone. I've still got a month or two before I'm ready to buy.

Yes, but in a month or two, will there still be anything available for sale??

From what I've seen posted lately, along with talking to a couple dealers in the last week, the gun buying hysteria of 2008 is starting to begin all over again. :panic:

:shake: :shake:

Guest miller7

A thousand dollars will land you a better rifle than Stag.

can you provide specific examples and locations they can be purchased?

JoeBoboutfitters.com has a RRA midlength that might fit your needs...listed at $989.95, but use "TGO" as the coupon code and you get 5% off, so actual cost before transfer / TICS is $940.45. The website says "on order", so there will be some sort of a wait - joebob is pretty active on here, so you could PM for more detail. Here's the link. The 2-stage NM trigger is very nice.

RRA-BB2522-2.jpg