new to me 44MAG

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ccw, if you are serious, you should read up on the comments posted by the folks that carry full sized 1911s for ideas. People do manage to haul around big weapons, but its going to take some effort in how you dress. I suggest becoming used to a trenchcoat in the summer as a starting point....

congrats on the new purchase! The 44 is much easier to find ammo for (expensive, but its on the shelves) than the oddball big stuff, making it my favorite of the bigger calibers. The desert eagle in 44 is great if you ever get the chance, but as noted they are pricy. Its the shape. To build anything that is similar to a 1911, it just costs twice as much, apparently :P

I was kidding about CCW fellas......I would never carry a 4 pound handgun LOLOL

Other folk's would, you'd be suprised at some of the type's of gun's that get carried by folk's. Not to mention how many different gun's some try to carry at the same time. Messenger bag's, book bag's and back pack's can have a lot of "stuf" stuffed inside of them.

BTW, I had a Redhawk that was near the same as your's, it just had the removable clamp on scope ring's. Wish I'd kept it.

Sonny...my response was targeted at XD Shooter...since he wants one...not you that has one....

and you didnt buy the 4" one for $500?????

that was a missed opportunity my friend :-(

EDIT: and don't ever say "no offense" because if your gonna publicly dog my price thats exactly what you did and saying that never makes it better lol.

Edited by Magiccarpetrides

They are awesome guns for deer size hunting and wild pig. I just purchased a Super Redhawk in 44 Mag for this fall. I had the 454, just to mush recoil and expensive ammo. The 44 Mag has alot less expensive reloading components. Good luck with your Redhawk and enjoy the shooting.

If serious about concealed carry consider a shoulder holster. I have a buddy that carries a sw .41mag 6" 24/7 in a shoulder holster

WOW, i have not even seen a 41 mag gun or ammo in a few years. does he have a hard time getting ammo?

and on the 44 mag congrads. i highly recommend you take it deer hunting and leave the rifle at home. you will enjoy the challenage. and do not worry i feel i can safely say at the max range you can kept all of your shots in a paper plate you get a pass thru.