Need IWB holster recommendations for...

Thinking about carrying an IWB in addition to my pocketed J-Frame.

Most likely choice for carry would be my Sig 229 .40 just cause its so reliable and not enormous like my Beretta 92...second choice to carry would be my Witness .45 Carry since I finally got all the kinks worked out. Anyone have recommendations on the IWB holsters that would work well with either and be comfortable since im in and out of cars all day.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

One of the first things I do for any handgun that I might ever conceivably carry is order a holster from Comp-Tac. The ship time is usually sub one week. Even if I end up buying a more expensive holster later, the fact that Comp-Tac can get them to me so quickly is a huge selling point.

Kramer.

For IWB you want the best holster you can get. A cheap/bad one is worse than useless. It will stick into you at the wrong places.

I bought one Kramer for a Model 65 3" that was the best holster I ever had once it got worked in a little. Then I had to sell the gun.:up:

I carry my USPC 40 in a Comp-Tac. It gets a little uncomfortable after an hour or so, but I have not bought a good belt yet and I think I have read about some kinda of leather (moal hair?) that has adhesive on it makes it alot more comfortable too. I still use it because it works great though.

Guest sling
...cant be worse then Mexican Carry ;-D

Cant be worse than possibly blowing the boys off either.... :eek:

I got pretty much fed up with buying holsters that just felt weird and started making my own. I forget i have my P7 on when i use the holster i made for it. I guess thats why it has its "reassuring" weight. ;) Good luck!

• Administrator
I carry my USPC 40 in a Comp-Tac. It gets a little uncomfortable after an hour or so, but I have not bought a good belt yet and I think I have read about some kinda of leather (moal hair?) that has adhesive on it makes it alot more comfortable too. I still use it because it works great though.

It sounds like you have their CTAC or other full-kydex holster. The MTAC that I recommended is a leather / kydex hybrid and does away with the need for molehair on the kydex.

Guest gsbell

I'm a huge fan of the Comp-Tac CTAC. I have one for my 1911 and just ordered another for my Glock 23 after retiring it's Sidearmor holster.

Cant be worse than possibly blowing the boys off either.... :D

I got pretty much fed up with buying holsters that just felt weird and started making my own. I forget i have my P7 on when i use the holster i made for it. I guess thats why it has its "reassuring" weight. :D Good luck!

Oh its always behind the back...I can lose a "chunk of cheek"...I dont wanna Lance Armstrong myself. ;)

Thanks for all the input guys!

Guest sling
Oh its always behind the back...I can lose a "chunk of cheek"...I dont wanna Lance Armstrong myself. :)

Thanks for all the input guys!

Gah, i know this is politically incorrect but i cant help it...

"Lance Armstong" is just like the analogy for Britney Spears... "Spear Britney."

Ok i'm done.

Guest db99wj
It sounds like you have their CTAC or other full-kydex holster. The MTAC that I recommended is a leather / kydex hybrid and does away with the need for molehair on the kydex.

After an hour...Really, wow. I have fouind that if you have it on the "lowest" setting (the kydex sits the furthest down in the pants, therfore concealing the gun more, is the most "uncomfortable", while the higher the holster is more comfortable, the less it conceals. I have chosen to have mine sit the lowest, concealing more.

I wore my CTAC, with my XD, for 12 hours, in the Jeep looking at properties, 400 miles. Was pretty dang confortable the whole time. I hate hearing stuff like this about how comfortable the MtAC is....dang, it makes me want one!

Edited by db99wj
Guest UofM Matt

I think you're thinking of mole skin. It's commonly used to make blisters more bearable to walk on (I'm an Eagle Scout, we learned all about that stuff.)

I use a Comp-Tac CTAC IWB to carry my Kimber Pro Carry II and am very happy with it so far. Its conceals remarkably well for me and is pretty comfortable. I plan on getting a sturdier belt and adding some mole skin to a couple of places that poke slightly while I drive. After that, it should be perfect.

Just got my COMP-Tac Infidel....I will try wearing it all day tomorrow and see how it goes. First impressions are that I will have to wear an undershirt that tucks into my pants and that while concealing well its not the most comfortable draw position...where exactly is it supposed to be worn at 4 o'clock?

UPDATE: Its almost 11 and so far still pretty comfortable. Tucked in under shirt with loose fitting over shirt. Conceals great and doesnt print...still dont know about how quick I could actually get the thing out...course im used to the convenience of a pocket carried J-Frame

Edited by Magiccarpetrides