Obama Spikes The Bin-Laden Football

There is really too much to report on this subject to cover it all here, but we have a narcissist who just happened to be "present" in the White House (figuratively - he was actually on the golf course that day) when Bin-Laden was found (by US Military and intelligence agencies set in motion by evil George Bush), but this cartoon says it all -

Obama-spikes-Osama.jpg

Disgusting, very sad that we have a president that stoops this low.

I don't think he needs to make much of an effort in stooping. A snake crawls on his belly naturally. At least we can say that we know one natural thing about him.

Has everybody forgotten the grandstand landing on a carrier in a fight suit and flight jacket proclaiming "Mission Accomplished"? All presidents use the victories gained in their term for political gain. This not new to Obama guys!

Has everybody forgotten the grandstand landing on a carrier in a fight suit and flight jacket proclaiming "Mission Accomplished"? All presidents use the victories gained in their term for political gain. This not new to Obama guys!

If you are referring to GW Bush...

So as to better inform you of the facts -

1. The crew of the aircraft carrier requested permission of the Captain and put up that banner, not GW Bush or any of his people.

2. The aircraft carrier crew's mission up to that point WAS accomplished, having removed Saddam Hussein.

3. GW Bush landed on the carrier in a fighter jet, not a helicopter, not Air Force One, hence the 'flight' jacket. Bush was also a former military fighter pilot. After having served, one never 'retires' from the military, and can wear uniforms and such at future events. Bush was also the highest ranking military leader, Commander-In-Chief, so as close to a uniform as could be for fellowshipping with his comrades regarding a military event in relation to a military victory in relation to a military deployment that GW Bush had directly ordered.

Hope that clears it up a bit for ya.

• Like 1

Thanks for clearing that up mcurrier. So many people on the left have lied about this accomplishment that I was about to scrounge up the facts before you did. :usa:

And BTW, did Bush celebrate this a year later?

If you are referring to GW Bush...

So as to better inform you of the facts -

1. The crew of the aircraft carrier requested permission of the Captain and put up that banner, not GW Bush or any of his people.

2. The aircraft carrier crew's mission up to that point WAS accomplished, having removed Saddam Hussein.

3. GW Bush landed on the carrier in a fighter jet, not a helicopter, not Air Force One, hence the 'flight' jacket. Bush was also a former military fighter pilot. After having served, one never 'retires' from the military, and can wear uniforms and such at future events. Bush was also the highest ranking military leader, Commander-In-Chief, so as close to a uniform as could be for fellowshipping with his comrades regarding a military event in relation to a military victory in relation to a military deployment that GW Bush had directly ordered.

Hope that clears it up a bit for ya.

Generals and CIC's have a history of being allowed to wear whatever uniform modifications they desire too.

As others have already clarified the facts for you, I will simply add this:

When an idiot on the 'other side' engages in BS propaganda and photo ops to make himself look good, no matter how much of an ass he is and even though he really had nothing to do with the event being lauded beyond ordering other people into harm's way, it should be ridiculed. When, however, an idiot from your side of the aisle engages in BS propaganda and photo ops to make himself look good, no matter how much of an ass he is and even though he really had nothing to do with the event being lauded beyond ordering other people into harm's way, one must always find a way to defend his actions. Geez, don't you know anything about politics?

Edited by JAB

As others have already clarified the facts for you, I will simply add this:

When an idiot on the 'other side' engages in BS propaganda and photo ops to make himself look good, no matter how much of an ass he is and even though he really had nothing to do with the event being lauded beyond ordering other people into harm's way, it should be ridiculed. When, however, an idiot from your side of the aisle engages in BS propaganda and photo ops to make himself look good, no matter how much of an ass he is and even though he really had nothing to do with the event being lauded beyond ordering other people into harm's way, one must always find a way to defend his actions. Geez, don't you know anything about politics?

Could not agree more. :up:

Guest BungieCord

If Ubama had had his say, we wouldn't have been using Gitmo as a detention center, and we wouldn't have been waterboarding those murdering Islamo-Fascist terrorists, so we'd never have found the trail of bread crumbs that led us to UBL. He had to be dragged off the golf course to watch the video feed from the WH SitRoom, pizzed because he'd had to miss the back nine. In the WH photos, he's clearly wearing a golf shirt with his "I'm POTUS, DAMMIT" windbreaker on top.

Guest BungieCord

Getting Bin Laden didn’t start with Obama

By Jose A. Rodriguez Jr.,

Jose A. Rodriguez Jr. is a 31-year veteran of the CIA and the author of “Hard Measures: How Aggressive CIA Actions After 9/11 Saved American Lives.â€

As we mark the anniversary of Osama bin Laden’s death, President Obama deserves credit for making the right choice on taking out Public Enemy No. 1.

But his administration never would have had the opportunity to do the right thing had it not been for some extraordinary work during the George W. Bush administration. Much of that work has been denigrated by Obama as unproductive and contrary to American principles.

He is wrong on both counts.

Shortly after bin Laden met his maker last spring, courtesy of U.S. Special Forces and intelligence, the administration proudly announced that when Obama took office, getting bin Laden was made a top priority. Many of us who served in senior counterterrorism positions in the Bush administration were left muttering: “Gee, why didn’t we think of that?â€

The truth is that getting bin Laden was the top counterterrorism objective for U.S. intelligence since well before the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. This administration built on work pain­stakingly pursued for many years before Obama was elected — and without this work, Obama administration officials never would have been in a position to authorize the strike on Abbottabad, Pakistan, that resulted in bin Laden’s overdue death.

In 2004, an al-Qaeda terrorist was captured trying to communicate with Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the leader of the terror organization’s operations in Iraq. That captured terrorist was taken to a secret CIA prison — or “black site†— where, initially, he was uncooperative. After being subjected to some “enhanced interrogation techniques†— techniques authorized by officials at the most senior levels of the U.S. government and that the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel confirmed were consistent with U.S. law — the detainee became compliant. He was not one of the three al-Qaeda operatives who underwent waterboarding, the harshest of the hard measures.

Once this terrorist decided that non-cooperation was a non-starter, he told us many things — including that bin Laden had given up communicating via telephone, radio or Internet, and depended solely on a single courier who went by “Abu Ahmed al-Kuwaiti.†At the time, I was chief of the CIA’s Counterterrorism Center. The fact that bin Laden was relying on a lone courier was a revelation that told me bin Laden had given up day-to-day control of his organization. You can’t run an operation as large, complex and ambitious as al-Qaeda by communicating only every few months. It also told me that capturing him would be even harder than we had thought.

Armed with the pseudonym of bin Laden’s courier, we pressed on. We asked other detainees in our custody if they had ever heard of “al-Kuwaiti.†Khalid Sheik Mohammed, the mastermind of 9/11, reacted in horror when he heard the name. He backed into his cell and vigorously denied ever hearing of the man. We later intercepted communications KSM sent to fellow detainees at the black site, in which he instructed them: “Tell them nothing about the courier!â€

In 2005 another senior detainee, Abu Faraj al-Libi, told us that this courier had informed him that Libi had been selected to be al-Qaeda’s No. 3 official. Surely that kind of information is delivered only by highly placed individuals.

A couple of years later, after I became head of the National Clandestine Service, the CIA was able to discover the true name of the courier. Armed with that information, the agency worked relentlessly to locate that man. Finding him eventually led to tracking down and killing bin Laden.

With some trying to turn bin Laden’s death into a campaign talking point for Obama’s reelection, it is useful to remember that the trail to bin Laden started in a CIA black site — all of which Obama ordered closed, forever, on the second full day of his administration — and stemmed from information obtained from hardened terrorists who agreed to tell us some (but not all) of what they knew after undergoing harsh but legal interrogation methods. Obama banned those methods on Jan. 22, 2009.

This past weekend, Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Carl Levin attacked statements made in May 2011 by me, former CIA director Michael Hayden and former attorney general Michael Mukasey regarding what led to bin Laden’s death. They misunderstood and mischaracterized our positions.

No single tactic, technique or approach led to the successful operation against bin Laden. But those who suggest it was all a result of a fresh approach taken after Jan. 20, 2009, are mistaken.

Guest lostpass

This is going to be a tough sell for Republicans. As far as anyone remembers Obama got Bin Laden and the other administration didn't.

So, if you're going to spin this, and I see you working, the way you do this is to downplay Bin Laden's power.

So, if I am Romney, I would acknowledge that the President did, in fact, take out Osama Bin Laden. But I would also point out that he took out a neutered terrorist, a has been who wan't really a threat anymore. I would promise that I would take out actual threats. Cuase killing people who used to be threatening is so last year, my admin will focus on the current threats.

That said, were I obama, I'd play the BinLaden card all day long. It is smart politics.

Guest 6.8 AR

I don't see any accomplishments Obama can

run on that would make him look good to the

so-called independent voter. Killing bin-Laden

isn't in the accomplishment category the way

he played it. All he did was piss off every

soldier who heard him. he can use this issue

all he wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest BungieCord

ADMIN DRAFTED MEMO TO SHIELD UBAMA IF OBL RAID FAILED

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff - May 7, 2012 12:45 pm

The Obama Administration drafted a “highly lawyered†memo to shield the president from blame if the mission to kill or capture Osama Bin Laden failed, former Attorney General Michael Mukasey told Sean Hannity of Fox News Monday.

According to Mukasey, the memo would have pinned the blame on Navy Admiral William McRaven, who was commander of Joint Special Operations Command at the time of the raid.

TRANSCRIPT:

MICHAEL MUKASEY, FORMER ATTORNEY GENERAL: That memo was significant.

HANNITY: Explain this.

MUKASEY: There was a memo from Leon Panetta that described the authority that was given to McRaven and it was to proceed according to the risks, only according to the risks that had been outline to the president.

And if he encountered anything else, he had to check back. You better believe if anything else had been encountered and the mission had failed, then the blame would have fallen on McRaven. That’s what that is about.

HANNITY: So in other words, here, the approximate president’s now, everything worked out in this case. But he had put in place a CYA that if it went wrong, McRaven would have been the fall guy.

MUKASEY: That was a highly lawyered memo.

HANNITY: Wow. So you are saying this was designed to protect the president politically.

MUKASEY: I think there is going to be more that comes tumbling out about that escapade. But so far that, memo is enough.

HANNITY: You went through a little bit of history here. You talked about General Eisenhower and you talked about Abraham Lincoln and you talked about–their handling of very delicate military situations that they faced.

MUKASEY: Well, I chose Abraham Lincoln, not on my own but because president Obama said that was the person he wanted to emulate. So I figured it was reasonably just to go to Abraham Lincoln.

The night after Lee surrendered, Lincoln delivered what turned out to his last speech from the window of the White House. He rejected taking any credit for it. Put it on General Grant and the troops and then talked mostly about the problems of reconstruction and in favor of black suffrage –

HANNITY: He actually did the opposite. He stood up for General George McClellan.

MUKASEY: Earlier in his career, he stood up for McClellan and for his defense secretary, who were being blamed. He said, no, no. The blame should be mine. The definition of a — one definition of a great leader is somebody who takes less credit than he should and takes more blame than he should. That’s not what we have now.

HANNITY: You also talked about Dwight Eisenhower.

MUKASEY: Dwight Eisenhower before the Normandy invasion wrote out a message to be given in the event the invasion failed and in the event that Germans threw us off the beaches. What it said was, I picked the place where we landed. The troops, the Navy, the airmen did their best and are most valorous. If anybody deserves blame, it’s me.

HANNITY: How many troops did we lose — what 7,000 or 8,000 men when they slammed the beaches of Normandy?

MUKASEY: Right.

HANNITY: A lot of people. A lot of loss. He prepared to actually take the blame, not –

MUKASEY: Correct.

HANNITY: Then he gave praise after.

MUKASEY: A week later when it became clear that it was a success. He wrote another message, giving all the credit to the troops. The only time he mentioned himself was at the end when he said, I’m proud of you.

HANNITY: What about your time as attorney general and U.S. district court judge, your opinions — because obviously, Mr. Rodriguez would not have been able to engage in enhanced interrogation without the approval of the Justice Department, the White House, the president, et cetera, on down. Your thoughts as you hear President Obama refer to this as torture?

MUKASEY: He — coming from somebody who is a lawyer, it blows my mind because torture is not a figure of speech. It is not a cocktail party expression. There is a torture statute that defines torture as severe physical or mental pain or suffering, severe mental pain or suffering is defined in durational terms, it has to last a language time.

And the physical pain has to be severe. OLC memo that Rodriguez mentioned describe in detail why waterboarding and all the other techniques are not torture –

HANNITY: Does he say this for political reasons in your view?

MUKASEY: I am not a mind reader. I don’t know whether he says it for aesthetic reasons or to make other people feel good or to enhance his own state of mind. You have to ask him that. All I know is he’s wrong?

HANNITY: I would like to, but he won’t come on this program, which I cannot understand for the life of me. All right, well, thank you so much for being with us. We really appreciate it. Great piece in the journal.

Edited by BungieCord
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest BungieCord

White House itself leaked Bin Laden raid info to NY Times

...“I was stopped by a very senior officer in the special operations community who basically wanted to rip my lungs out,†said Thom Shanker, who co-authored “Counterstrike: The Untold Story of America's Secret Campaign Against Al Qaeda,†with Eric Schmitt.

But, he revealed at a counter terrorism expo this week, the info came directly and officially from the White House, not some garbage can digging operation. “I said to him, ‘Sir, that information came officially to us from the podium at the White House,’†Shanker said....