Firearm insurance

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest phastalon

Most homeowners policies will cover up to a certain dollar amount ($2000 or so). Above and beyond that you can add firearms on a schedule, but you'll have to provide serial numbers, pictures, and appraisals. Same goes for expensive jewelry, furs, and art.

I also have $2500 as part of my homeowners through State Farm. Who's your carrier?

Given that you can hunt with any centerfire cartridge in TN (rifle or pistol)... wouldn't everything but rimfire be legal for hunting?

I'm with Tn Farm Bureau (they've done me good and their Charlie approved..lol..), I'm covered for $2k under my existing policy, my agent is getting more info from the home office but it's looking like they will not insure military rifles, their wording is hunting and collecters rifles only..

That's why I'm asking about stand alone policys, I have usaa for auto insurance, they will not insure me either unless I insure my home with them.

Does anyone use NRA coverage and their insurance providers? or someone else?

This was brought up a while back in a different thread. Perhaps a mod can do the merge magic. In the other thread this company was mentioned:

http://www.collectinsure.com/.

I have since insured my guns through them. In summary, as I recall from reading the policy, unless I lose my guns in a nuclear explosion, an act of war, or terrorist attack, they're covered for replacement value. At what I considered a very reasonable price. I hope I never have to collect.

I also have $2500 as part of my homeowners through State Farm. Who's your carrier?

Given that you can hunt with any centerfire cartridge in TN (rifle or pistol)... wouldn't everything but rimfire be legal for hunting?

Don't forget that you can hunt small game with a rimfire. I can't think of many long guns that couldn't be used for hunting, the only thing that comes to mind off the top of my head would be a full auto, and I'm sure that if you are into full auto stuff you have a separate policy for it.

I'm with Tn Farm Bureau (they've done me good and their Charlie approved..lol..), I'm covered for $2k under my existing policy, my agent is getting more info from the home office but it's looking like they will not insure military rifles, their wording is hunting and collecters rifles only..

That's why I'm asking about stand alone policys, I have usaa for auto insurance, they will not insure me either unless I insure my home with them.

Does anyone use NRA coverage and their insurance providers? or someone else?

I'd ask for a clear, written definition of their categories. All but one of my rifles are milsurps, and I'd claim they fit in all 3 categories... collector, military, and hunting. Seems odd that they'd make the distinction.

This was brought up a while back in a different thread. Perhaps a mod can do the merge magic. In the other thread this company was mentioned:

http://www.collectinsure.com/.

I have since insured my guns through them. In summary, as I recall from reading the policy, unless I lose my guns in a nuclear explosion, an act of war, or terrorist attack, they're covered for replacement value. At what I considered a very reasonable price. I hope I never have to collect.

They charged me only $70 for $10,000 of coverage.

I have usaa for auto insurance, they will not insure me either unless I insure my home with them.

Just curious... why don't you insure your home with USAA as well? I have everything (auto, home, guns) through USAA. Can't beat the prices and dang sure can't beat the service.

State Farm doesn't care about classification: If it shoots a bullet, it's just a "firearm".

- OS

I'll never do bussiness with SF, my mom worked for them for 21yrs, can you imagine how many vacation/sick days she could accure in that time? she was diagonsed with breast cancer in the late 80's and had to take a yr off, doctors orders, when she returned they let her go, so FU....SF...

Just curious... why don't you insure your home with USAA as well? I have everything (auto, home, guns) through USAA. Can't beat the prices and dang sure can't beat the service.

$400 more per yr with USAA vrs TNFB home and my boat was another $100 more to..

$400 more per yr with USAA vrs TNFB home and my boat was another $100 more to..

I also found USAA insurance to be a more expensive option. Currently my home is with the good hands people and my vehicles with the gecko.