Houston PO beating video

JG55

Guest 6.8 AR
Last I read there were approx 900,000 LEO's in the U.S. considering local, state, and federal levels. There are always going to be bad people or people who make stupid decisions no mater what profession. Even if we were to see 100 cops being stupid or beating somebody that is not even close to 1% of the total. So believe what you want about anybody in general your opinion is your own to have. I don't really see any cop bashing but only showing the small fraction of wrong doings in the media gets old quick! But showing a video of a cop doing his job and being polite wouldn't bring viewers so it won't be shown on tv. One of the officers was found not guilty. I believe he was the first of four to be tried in court. They were all terminated from what I read from another story.

Well, they should clean up their own ranks so this

kind of stuff doesn't have to be posted.

It's rather insane to think this stuff being posted

makes one into a cop basher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, but this is going to make me sound like a cop basher.

The only role of law enforcement is just that - enforcing the law. Anything else subjects them, and rightly so, to harsh scrutiny as WE are the ones who pay their salaries.

They don't get to make laws on the spot to feed their ego.

They don't get to abuse citizens who have done nothing wrong.

They don't get to stomp on the God-given, constitutional rights of the law-abiding citizen, though it seems many of them try to do just that. There are more videos of this kind of thing on the interwebz than there should be. Actually, there should be NONE.

We EXPECT them to act honorably and treat law-abiding citizens with respect, and we should not be expected to give them a medal when they do. You give medals and commendations for going ABOVE AND BEYOND the call of duty, NOT doing what is expected.

If the job is THAT hard, then they need to find other lines of work.

If I'm out of line with those comments, then I'm sorry, but that just how I see it.

Edited by DaddyO
  • Like 2

Sorry, but this is going to make me sound like a cop basher.

The only role of law enforcement is just that - enforcing the law. Anything else subjects them, and rightly so, to harsh scrutiny as WE are the ones who pay their salaries.

They don't get to make laws on the spot to feed their ego.

They don't get to abuse citizens who have done nothing wrong.

They don't get to stomp on the God-given, constitutional rights of the law-abiding citizen, though it seems many of them try to do just that. There are more videos of this kind of thing on the interwebz than there should be. Actually, there should be NONE.

We EXPECT them to act honorably and treat law-abiding citizens with respect, and we should not be expected to give them a medal when they do. You give medals and commendations for going ABOVE AND BEYOND the call of duty, NOT doing what is expected.

If the job is THAT hard, then they need to find other lines of work.

If I'm out of line with those comments, then I'm sorry, but that just how I see it.

Well stated!

• Like 1