Cheap Single-Stage Press

Lee reloading equipment is the biggest bang for your buck out there. I have no knowledge or experience of that brand of reloading equipment. For literally $6.29 more you can get a Lee single stage press from Midway USA and know that it will work, has parts available, good customer service, and excellent dies that will fit it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/807734/lee-reloader-single-stage-press

If your getting started look at the RCBS Rockchucker Master kit...has almost everything you need to get started just need a shell holder and dies and your ready to reload!

I am looking at getting started, but if I could afford RCBS gear, I wouldn't be asking about 20-dollar presses. ;) I am actually leaning towards the Lee 4-hole press. Finding a used one would be even better, but that is proving to be a daunting task. At any rate, it will have to be a piece-at-a-time project.

I am looking at getting started, but if I could afford RCBS gear, I wouldn't be asking about 20-dollar presses. ;) I am actually leaning towards the Lee 4-hole press. Finding a used one would be even better, but that is proving to be a daunting task. At any rate, it will have to be a piece-at-a-time project.

There are two 4 hole turret presses. The Classic, which is the more expensive one is awesome. I'm using one for pistol stuff. Still lots cheaper than RCBS.

There are two 4 hole turret presses. The Classic, which is the more expensive one is awesome. I'm using one for pistol stuff. Still lots cheaper than RCBS.

So what is the difference? Is the Classic auto-indexing and the other is manual? Because that's not a big deal to me.

They're both auto indexing. One is a real old design, and the other is a newer design that fixes the quirks of the old one. I'm not familiar with all the details. Look at the difference in priming and primer disposal. Mine is set up just like this (without the light)...

[media=]

[/media] Edited by mikegideon
Guest canebreaker

Someone else bought a C frame Smart Reloader. They said the dies didn't line up with the anvil. They sent it back for their money back.

The cheapest I would go is the Lee Ann. kit. or the Breech loader kit. They both have almost everything you need. My kit and C frame are about 20 years old and I've loaded Ks on both.

Watch armslist.com and craigslist.org, On armslist, go to all states, reloading/ammo. You may find what you want and someone will ship it to you. I find better deals on craigslist, in general and sporting goods. They are more out to ship it to you. Don't go just local, try a few cities this week, then others next week, or days.

i will give you a press i am out of town but i have one that i can let you have get in touch and we will get you fixed up david

And this is why everyone should buy from David at the shows. He is more than just a great guy, more importantly he has the lowest prices on any supplies you might want or need. He also has stuff that other suppliers can't find or get.

And this bit of generosity is not rare with him. There are a lot of people that he has helped out in similar ways, me included. He supports the shooting community, has a wealth of knowledge you won't find in books and is willing to share it with anyone willing to ask.

Dolomite

i will give you a press i am out of town but i have one that i can let you have get in touch and we will get you fixed up david

Wow, this is unbelieveable. You're actually the second person to offer. Dolomite, I'm blown away by the generosity of the people here in general. The bass guitar forum I belonged to didn't have people offering to send me stuff. :rofl:

I guess this means I've got to get my butt in gear a clear out a spot in the garage to get started. Looks like my weekend is planned for me.

Edited by CapnVideo

And this is why everyone should buy from David at the shows. He is more than just a great guy, more importantly he has the lowest prices on any supplies you might want or need. He also has stuff that other suppliers can't find or get.

And this bit of generosity is not rare with him. There are a lot of people that he has helped out in similar ways, me included. He supports the shooting community, has a wealth of knowledge you won't find in books and is willing to share it with anyone willing to ask.

Dolomite

QFT!

He managed to find some equipment that I've been looking for that is out of stock everywhere. Great prices too.

Wow, this is unbelieveable. You're actually the second person to offer. Dolomite, I'm blown away by the generosity of the people here in general. The bass guitar forum I belonged to didn't have people offering to send me stuff. :rofl:

I guess this means I've got to get my butt in gear a clear out a spot in the garage to get started. Looks like my weekend is planned for me.

And remember his generosity when you have the ability to do the same for others.

Dolomite

• Like 1

Dolomite

I think I missed something somewhere. What is David's Business name, and does he do "mail order"?

Dave