Open carry or Conceal Carry  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Do you more often than not:

• Always Conceal Carry
    • Conceal Carry and on rare occassion Open Carry
    • More or less equally Conceal and Open Carry
    • Open Carry and on rare occassion Conceal Carry
    • Always Open Carry
    • I really am a TN gun owner forums member and I dont carry a gun, HA!

Guest FIST

I always carry concealed, sometimes it's not deep concealment (I don't mind if I print a little) but I always try to make sure my shirt covers my weapon, I just want to go about my business & don't want any sort of hassle.

What he said.

Guest ab28

I always carry concealed, and look like the last guy you would expect to be carrying.

I almost always strike up a conversation with people that open carry, though, in a positive manner.

Edited by ab28
Guest oxfordgt

I always open carry. Mainly because I only wear jeans and a T-shirt and my Taurus PT 24/7 GT .40 looks real stupid under a T shirt. Noone ever looks twice at me. Plus I feel safer that people would look at me with my family and see us as too hard of a target and move on.

I would like to thank those who have devolved this thread with silly talk about glock vs.1911s. Also with regards to carry, nobody needs to be bashing one group or the other considering this was originally just a poll. Lets keep it civil.

A simple search of the forum would have revealed that thse CC/OC threads ALWAYS devolve into silly talk, bashing and less than civil behavior. :shrug:

A simple search of the forum would have revealed that thse CC/OC threads ALWAYS devolve into silly talk, bashing and less than civil behavior. :shrug:

Obviously, we haven't perfected it yet. This on was on the way to perfection until I screwed it up. :wave: No biggie... there will be another one along any day now.

I did a search of the entire forum for "open carry" and I didn't find any threads like this one. I certainly never found a poll. Perhaps you are thinking of another forum that you frequent.

Sorry, I was unaware it was such a sore subject.

I can't comment about specific titles of threads but there are dozens if not hundreds of threads just like this one - and adding a poll doesn't alter the angst that this subject brings forth.

Talking about OC and CC on this forum is about as contentious (and as beaten to death) a subject as any that ever gets discussed in this forum.

I may OC at the house, but I always have from day one CC'd. All but 2 of the hundred or so holsters I've bought and tried over the years have been IWB's. I have a Fobus and a leather Safariland paddle holster and they collect dust more often than not......

I personally do not care what others do. I have enough to worry about already without adding a persons choice of OC or CC or trained or not trained. It's so much easier to assume everyone is an idiot and has no clue as to what they are doing and work on being prepared for their stupidity. Just sayin......no offense to my TGO friends and fans.

BTW.....all 9mm rounds are weak sauce. If you ain't got a .50cal, well you're just wussy girl man with your junk tucked. :up:

I often OC in and around my home - largely because when I am at home I sometimes like to carry one of my larger side arms that are a bit more difficult to conceal. When carrying 'in public' I pretty much go concealed but not always 'deep concealed'. My two primary methods of carry in public are pocket carry (a compromise that isn't my favorite but admittedly gets used a lot, especially in warmer weather) or OWB with a cover garment (untucked, unbuttoned shirt over a tucked in t-shirt, etc.) If carrying OWB, the cover garment is generally in place but if incidental exposure of my firearm occurs I don't freak out. There have been a few times in warmer weather in locations where I have felt comfortable with OC enough that I didn't bother putting the cover garment on but those times are isolated events.

Basically, sort of like others have said, I'm not the kind of person who wants to have discussions on any subject - firearms or otherwise - with complete strangers. I have no interest in any interactions, whether positive or negative, revolving around the fact that I am armed. Honestly, while I could probably carry on a conversation with a stump if need be, I really just don't like the general public all that much. If I am in public, I want to enjoy the company of the people I am with and otherwise mind my own business, get done what I need to get done and go on with my life.

Edited by JAB

Honestly, while I could probably carry on a conversation with a stump if need be, I really just don't like the general public all that much. If I am in public, I want to enjoy the company of the people I am with and otherwise mind my own business, get done what I need to get done and go on with my life.

Oh snap....so true, so true. :rock:

Edited by kwe45919