Ruger LCR .22 verdict?

Links2k

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one, and have shot two. I don't have one any longer. It's not that it isn't a reliable .22 - I have no use for it. For less money I would think a Beretta Bobcat in .22 or a Taurus PLY22 would be more useful, but then I sold those too. The .22 LCR would be a good instructor's gun if that instructor is going to teach centerfire snubbies. I'm not sure if the more expensive S&W 317 or S&W 43C make any more sense, both guns I have shot quite a bit also. For a small save your butt gun the Keltec .32 is hard to beat due to its ease of carry and its size. This coming from a guy who has a couple of dozen .22s and have had many more. .22s are my fun and pest guns. 2" .22s aren't that much fun for long and there is a host of more effective pest guns.

Had mine for awhile now, absolutely love it. I bought it as a "trainer" for the 38 model. Training aside, it's a blast.

As with the 38/357 the trigger is better than any other rim revolver I've had. It is a heavier pull than the 38/357 but thats expected because of rimfires nature.

I would buy one all over again.

I was excited to get one until I heard how crappy the trigger is. A few people reported a 13 pound pull for the .22 model.

I'll stick with my .38 LCR

My wife could barely pull the DA of any of my other rimfire revolvers. Even my last wore out Smith model 63. She has zero problems with the LCR 22 all day.

Ruger says 11-14 lbs. Gunblast gave it a 7.11lbs, which seems odd.

Anyway, holding both Smith model 63 kit (6 shot) and the Ruger side by side. The Ruger felt twice as light to me. Maybe since the trigger doesn't stack like traditional revolvers is the difference and just make it seem easier.

Maybe my Ruger has a 8 lb trigger too. No way for me to measure it. The trigger has got smoother once I got past a thousand rounds or so. I'm around four thousand now and it still is perfect.

Edited by Tncobra

I carry S&W snubbies EDC. I use a S&W 317 with CCI CBs for indoor target practice in my garage. I find that a daily firing of 50 CBs into the bullet trap keeps my accuracy a lot better than the once a week .38 runs to the indoor range alone. I still make the range trip, but I am shooting much, much better with the .38s due to the .22 firing at home. I am firing at a range of 10,15 and 21 feet, which,IMHO, are true snubbie parameters. The trigger on the 317 does match the trigger pull on the carry guns. The reported heavy trigger pull of the LCR .22 may not allow it for the same use. Does the .38 LCR have the same heavy trigger? If so, than the .22 LCR still would be useful, if not in fact, almost necessary.

Does the .38 LCR have the same heavy trigger? If so, than the .22 LCR still would be useful, if not in fact, almost necessary.

I fInd my LCR trigger possibly better than my 642. I just tend to short stroke my LCR trigger. I have a S&W model 34-1 that has a better trigger than both but it may have been worked before.

Taurus 22 revolvers have some of the worst triggers I've ever felt.

Edited by Patton