Man shoots self in face at Coal Creek Armory

You sure aren't the brightest bulb in the box are ya? You just couldn't resist making blatantly libelous statements because "your friend" happened to be there when this unfortunate incident happened. I sure hope for your sake that it did take 5 minutes for them to check on him.

This post should be a recruiting tool for law schools...

Well, I may not be as smart as Esquire, but I don't go around making threats and insults.Did the incident go down exactly as my friend describe it to me? I don't, know. I'm just relaying what I was told from a first hand witness who saw the whole thing and made the report to CCA employees. The local online news agencies had very little details to report on the incident, and it sounded to me like maybe there was a little bit more to the story.

If I remember correctly, he told me that CCA has video running of the range and the whole thing was caught on tape. I know (and hope for the family's sake) that the video would never be made public, but I'm sure someone has seen it and knows the details. I'm pretty sure he told me the police reviewed it with him and discussed the timing of events.

I know the whole "My friend told me so" thing is not very believable to a lot of people, and if anyone wants to call BS then it is their right. However, I consider him a reliable source. If it's not true, then my friend is a dirty, scum sucking liar. But if it is true, then this incident should be a recruiting tool for how NOT to run a gun/range business..

Esquire, if you have information that conflicts what I said, then by all means share it and set the record straight. All your post did was to make it seem like you are a CCA associate, that wants someone to just shut up by hurling insults and threats at them. While I've never personally experienced it (until now), I have heard that is similar behavior from some of the CCA staff.

The fact of the matter is, this really is an unfortunate event. This young man's life will forever be changed and will be difficult to say the least. I'm sorry if I caused hard feelings among any members here on TGO, that was certainly not my intention.

• Like 3