Worst or overpriced gun dealer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round here its Crowders being the highest, followed by Mahoneys.

The better ones seem to be Gunslingers and The Gun Rack.

Though I had to laugh in Gunslingers last week...They actually carry those stupid CCW Badges!!

I actually took a walk into Gander Mountain yesterday for the first time.

They had everything you need but only it seems if it was a for a Glock.

And the prices? Damn! I had to shoo my son off from even touching anything in fear.

I echo the sentiment about Gander Mtn, not sure who they are selling too. But someone must be buying.

I never been the that turd Uselton's place but I reckon his is bad news too, especially considering his view on things.

I dunno about the Crowder's Crack and Guns. I bought a pistol from them and got a GREAT price. Maybe I was the exceptions though, I have heard you need to cash and carry there, no layaway as they might sell it out from under you.

Franklin is decent...but high are; in my experience at least 200 to 400.00 higher than other shops in the area.

I've never bought anything from Useltons...can't see myself ever doing it in the future.

The only thing I've bought in Gun City in the last 10 years is two ammo cans.

i cant say that ive been to many "gun shops" i usually shop out the of the classifieds. tolivers gun and pawn in manchester is a bit high on some and normal on others. very high on ammo.

and then i have to sing praises about HeroGear, good thing they are semi local to me(around 25-30miles away) best gun shop ive been to period even if they didnt have the awesome selection.

Guest Boomhower

Come on guys. Don't be haten the Gander. We all know that you are paying for more than just the gun. You also get that 12 month Gander warranty after the factory warranty is up. Who else gives you that kind of service?.....Wait a min. I wonder what they do about those manufacturer's that offer a lifetime warranty with their guns think005.gif.

Funny story. Someone mentioned about their used guns. I was in there one time with another board member that was wanting to trade his Glock (shocked035.gif I know) for an XD. They were "willing" to give him $250 for his barely used G27 :). Needless to say, he now owns both :D and his "lifetime warrantied" XD didn't come from Gander.

Guest Watauga

Local guns shops here in the Tri-Cities are way too high priced. I did get some good deals from Crowder several years ago. Never was able to get a good deal at Mahoneys. Gander is trolling for suckers. Get my guns from on-line dealers now. There are some good deals at Bud's, CDNN, etc.

Guest shadow12

There's a dealer near Kingston, Frontier Firearms. I met a man that works there, he was carrying a new EMP1911 from Sprigfield. When I talked to him about the pistol he told me that he got it at Gander, Frontier wouldn't give him as good a deal.

DON'T FORGET, HE WORKS FOR FRONTIER.

Guest ui_cleirigh

In Johnson City, the prize would have to go to Crowder's. He likes to throw around knocking 10% off to save you on tax but the prices are still a bit high. Price aside, I have been in their with cash in hand and still had to wait 15 or 20 minutes before anyone asked me if they could help.

I bought a brand new Kimber Custom II from Mahoney's about a month ago and paid $530 out the door. Not too shabby. . .

Guest bkelm18
i didn't know they should anything but ammo at gander mtn.

Gander sells a pretty large variety of severely overpriced firearms.

Down in Chattanooga it's the Ammo Dump.Old Hal was selling Makarovs for $300 about 5 years ago.

Yeah Hal is a good guy, but his prices are, well....optimistic. Will leave it at that.

Even worse is across the river in Hixson. The Sportsman's supply is selling a Bersa Thunder .380 for $369.99. Got one just like it for $190 at a gun show.