Clarksville again....

CLARKSVILLE, TENN. — Police responded to a frantic call after a 3-year-old boy shot himself in the foot on Sunday at 139 Buttermere Drive.

When police arrived, they found the boy in the kitchen with his mother, who was treating the boy’s wound, according to a news release from Clarksville Police spokesman Officer Jim Knoll.

The boy was transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center by Lifeflight with non-lifethreatening injuries.

Police said the boy found the Spring Armory XD 9 mm gun unsecured and started playing with it, then discharged it.

Besides his mother, there was a 10-month-old child inside the house.

The investigation is ongoing

Clarksville was on a roll this weekend!!!

Dave

And again.....

CLARKSVILLE, TENN. — A 19-year-old man was shot in the hand during a drive-by shooting Saturday.

The victim was walking on Greenfield Drive when someone drove by in a black Chevy Impala and shot at him in the hand, according to a Clarksville Police report.

There were no other witnesses and no suspects at this time.

Dave

And again.....

CLARKSVILLE, TENN. — A 19-year-old man was shot in the hand during a drive-by shooting Saturday.

The victim was walking on Greenfield Drive when someone drove by in a black Chevy Impala and shot at him in the hand, according to a Clarksville Police report.

There were no other witnesses and no suspects at this time.

Dave

I know that I'm showing my prejudice here, but I've learned how to interpret these stories in the Leaf Chronicle:

19 yr old + drive by shooting + Chevy Impala + no witnesses/suspects + Summit Heights territory= Drug/Gang shooting.

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

Sorry to hear about the little one. Glad he's okay. The one doing the shooting from the Impala needs to assume room temperature.

Sounds like Clarksville gang crap, which is commonplace, nowadays.

I know that I'm showing my prejudice here, but I've learned how to interpret these stories in the Leaf Chronicle:

19 yr old + drive by shooting + Chevy Impala + no witnesses/suspects + Summit Heights territory= Drug/Gang shooting.

Explain to me how that's prejudice? It's just the truth. :shrug:

On a tangent, I'll have to admit, there's really not a lot of prejudice or racism here at TGO. That makes me proud. I think I speak for most of us when I say, we take a R. Lee Ermey approach to the matter.

There is no racial bigotry here. We do not look down on.................................Here you all equally worthless.

• Like 1

+1

Explain to me how that's prejudice? It's just the truth. :shrug:

On a tangent, I'll have to admit, there's really not a lot of prejudice or racism here at TGO. That makes me proud. I think I speak for most of us when I say, we take a R. Lee Ermey approach to the matter.

There is no racial bigotry here. We do not look down on.................................Here you all equally worthless.

Well, for me anyway, prejudice has never been a matter of race. I use the term "prejudice" in only it's most pure form to illustrate my ability to read situations based on laws of probability. It makes me wrong sometimes, but not usually. The story of the drive by above is a familiar one with familiar characters.

Kinda like the stories when someone has their kid get shot by a gun that was laying around. I'm guessing there is a history of cheap beer and Jerry Springerisms going on in that household.

• Like 1

.... someone drove by in a black Chevy Impala and shot at him in the hand, according to a Clarksville Police report.

There were no other witnesses and no suspects at this time....

Dang, somebody was a crack shot, aiming at and hitting the guy's hand from a moving car!

- OS

Dang, somebody was a crack shot, aiming at and hitting the guy's hand from a moving car!

- OS

Ha, I know. I actually read this snippit in the Chronicle a while before Dave posted it and was thinking the same thing.

I live in an area of Clarksville some call Mogadishu. I know Clarksvillians who won't come into this part of town - good riddance, lower traffic rat. My pit bull is lying on the rug waiting for something to happen, which never does. My cop buddies tell me what is going on if I need to know. Locals don't bother with this old man who has fixed their or their kids' bikes, taught them how to shoot a bow and otherwise not interrupted the normal ebb and flow of urban life. If someone bothers my wife, they will have the biggest problem of their life. Will something happen someday, I expect so. But then I expected something to happen when I deployed to combat zones on my own on a couple of occasions. When I get too old to live here I expect I will move to a condo somewhere close to the hospital and grocery store. Until then, bring it on.... live for the breath...

Guest NashvegasMatt

I wasn't aware Clarksville had a gang problem? Anyone know what gangs, Bloods, Crips, etc.?

I grew up and lived in clarksville for a long time..I am not aware of a significant "gang problem". Young people being ignorant, and hotheaded is not necessarily gang realted...

I live in an area of Clarksville some call Mogadishu. I know Clarksvillians who won't come into this part of town - good riddance, lower traffic rat. My pit bull is lying on the rug waiting for something to happen, which never does. My cop buddies tell me what is going on if I need to know. Locals don't bother with this old man who has fixed their or their kids' bikes, taught them how to shoot a bow and otherwise not interrupted the normal ebb and flow of urban life. If someone bothers my wife, they will have the biggest problem of their life. Will something happen someday, I expect so. But then I expected something to happen when I deployed to combat zones on my own on a couple of occasions. When I get too old to live here I expect I will move to a condo somewhere close to the hospital and grocery store. Until then, bring it on.... live for the breath...

As I previously stated, I am quite familiar with clarksville and have been for over 20 years. Never have heard of such a place by that nickname....where exactly are you referring to?

Clarksville has a very serious gang problem. Alot of "wanna be's" also!

Causes problems for all of us...I had a little problem with a couple of them the other day while I was pumping gas.

They're here!

Dave

I grew up and lived in clarksville for a long time..I am not aware of a significant "gang problem". Young people being ignorant, and hotheaded is not necessarily gang realted...

sounds like a politician or someone woefully out of touch,maybe both. In any case, I won't follow your lead, anywhere, anytime.

There most certainly is a gang problem. It just isn't a problem yet because they keep it to themselves. There isn't much random violence associated with it towards folks that don't share the lifestyle, but make no mistake, it's there. Start paying attention to the shootings that take place in Clarksville; where, when and who. These aren't just random hotheads slinging lead; there is a reason the denominators are common in every circumstance.

The problem is going to come when they begin expanding beyond their borders.

Hope the kid is OK. It's not his fault.

Rule number one "Keep guns away from kids".

I prefer, "Educate and instill common sense into your kids on guns."

Worked for me and my siblings, anyway.

Edited by Metalhead

I prefer, "Educate and instill common sense into your kids on guns."

Worked for me and my siblings, anyway.

I can't keep my three year old from throwing objects in the toilet but I should trust him alone with a loaded gun?

Guest Lester Weevils

I can't keep my three year old from throwing objects in the toilet but I should trust him alone with a loaded gun?

Well it might not be the best to let the three year old play with the loaded gun, but if the three year old who shot himself in the foot is old enough to remember the event, maybe it will be educational. (always look for the cloud in the silver lining). I knew several kids who managed to stick paper clips in the power outlet. None of them got killed and AFAIK none of em did it more than once. Perhaps a valuable lesson provided the student survives the lesson?

Speaking of springerisms-- Old paternal gramps had done many things before retiring as a farmer. He had been a sheriff in a rural AL county but eventually had to leave that county because the moonshiners had decided he just needed killin. Anyway so the story goes when I was a little tyke teething and in foul temperament, mom had left me with gramps for baby sitting. When she came back I was quiet and she looked in the crib and freaked because gramps had given me his old service revolver for a teething toy. He had unloaded it first, but still got mom upset. :)

I'm speaking in general, sir. Obviously a three year old is a bit young. I guess I'm jaded by parents I talk to day in and day out who insist that their teenage or other completely reasonably aged child be kept in the dark on gun safety and proper handling/respect of a firearm.

Edited by Metalhead
I'm speaking in general, sir. Obviously a three year old is a bit young. I guess I'm jaded by parents I talk to day in and day out who insist that their teenage or other completely reasonably aged child be kept in the dark on gun safety and proper handling/respect of a firearm.

We're talking about a three year old here. I'm all about gun safety education to kids. When my kids are old enough to understand that Barney isn't real they'll be getting taught about firearms. However, the only way to guarantee that a kid won't improperly handle a firearm is to restrict access. No matter how well you teach a kid not to do something they are still impulsive. I wouldn't bet my kids' life on how well they listen to me. The child in this case will likely be permanently disfigured as the tiny bones in his foot won't grow properly with sections missing. I'm sure the parents are saying stuff like "he knew better than to touch daddy's gun." Obviously he didn't.

Edited by TMF 18B