Petition to stop magazine ban: SIGN IT ASAP!

99 times out of 100 these petitions are nothing more than data mines for spam companies and marketers.

Your best bet is to CALL and directly EMAIL or snail mail your concerns, a petition is a paper clipped stack of names, but individual emails and letters take up alot of space in the mail room, those get noticed far more often than these online petitions do.

Another thing you can do is start showing up to your town hall meetings and all open door meetings of the state legislature.

Precisely why I have three email address. One is for things like this where spam is probable. If that addy gets too full and out of control, I can shuit it down with no loss.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the devision between all of us on something as simple and easy as a petition points out more fail than anything else -- and could point to part of why rights get lost so easy. ;)

Sitting back and doing nothing more than voting isn't enough. Politicians get persuaded by groups in Washington and lose their way, signing away our rights. We have to keep reminding them to do the right thing or else they won't. Petitions, etc., have worked to stop a lot of bad bills before they became law in the past. How else will they know we oppose this stuff if we don't let them know? :up:

Like I said, I'll do it all. Call, email and petition. The more they hear and see from us, the better. :D

:2cents:

Yep, some folks'll fall fer anythin'....

So we do nothing and we'll be OK? :koolaid:

The problem with not communicating with our elected officials and just voting them out next election cycle is the bad laws and regulations left behind by these ignorant politicians. I want to stop them before they pass bad laws and regulations, and then vote them out for even thinking about doing it! ;)

Edited by JohnC

So we do nothing and we'll be OK? :koolaid:

The problem with not communicating with our elected officials and just voting them out next election cycle is the bad laws and regulations left behind by these ignorant politicians. I want to stop them before they pass bad laws and regulations, and then vote them out for even thinking about doing it! ;)

No, I'm just a little pickier when it comes to stuff like this. Like I said earlier, I'm selective about who gets to yank my chain and who doesn't. :pleased:

Guest Baron

I contact them directly. Sometimes I even get a response.

Local politicians are not on the same level as the president. Yes, they have their corporate and special interest backings, but the are much more vulnerable to the voter. You can put pressure on these guys.

UN small arms treaty, magazine bans and now the internet ammo sales ban. I not only tell them that I will not support them with my vote (and contributions) if they do not oppose things like this, but I will only support those who actively seek to reverse moronic laws already in place.

Play the cynic or keep your head in the sand if you want. When its on paper, it is real. Taking some form of action is not being an alarmist. It just means that you feel your rights are not worth the gamble.

What ticks me off more than those who take our freedoms are those who do nothing and allow it. At least the tyrants and oppressors put in some effort.

Edited by Baron

I must ask a question here (flame on...I can take it like a man). What happens when someone (lets say me) who believes in our second amendment rights to own firearms, but am very sick and tired of the crime in this country being commited by "Assualt rifles" with big giant banana clips,you know, gang bangers, movie theatres...jerks who want to shoot up cops in LA, drive bys where 30+ rounds are fired into houses...ect, ect..

Wheredo WE stand if we are in favor of high capacity magazine bans? Does that make us wrong, or just concerned for what has happened to our once great counrty?

Dave S

Edited by DaveS

I must ask a question here (flame on...I can take it like a man). What happens when someone (lets say me) who believes in our second amendment rights to own firearms, but am very sick and tired of the crime in this country being commited by "Assualt rifles" with big giant banana clips,you know, gang bangers, movie theatres...jerks who want to shoot up cops in LA, drive bys where 30+ rounds are fired into houses...ect, ect..

Were do WE stand if we are in favor of high capacity magazine bans? Does that make us wrong, or just concerned for what has happened to our once great counrty?

Dave S

So, when did "assault rifles" start committing crimes?

When Flintlocks went out of fad sir!

Dave S

Well, just like flintlocks, "assault rifles" are incapable of committing crimes. Someone has to pull the trigger. Guns are inanimate objects.

Maybe you should give things more thought.

Edited by DaddyO

Wheredo WE stand if we are in favor of high capacity magazine bans? Does that make us wrong, or just concerned for what has happened to our once great counrty?

Dave S

A gun with 3 ten-round mags is no different than one with a 30-round mag. I respect your opinion, but I believe the argument is if the high capacity mags/weapons are banned, only the honest person is penalized. Criminals will still get them, and lunatics will still kill no matter what is legal/illegal. The only difference is that the law-abiding citizen will be out-gunned by the criminal who is willing to buy guns on the black market. In this latest example, if the guy in the theater did not have an AR, he would have used a __________ (fill in the blank... bomb, fire, another shotgun, five Glocks, chainsaw, F350, etc.). People intent on breaking the law will find a way. The 30-round magazine didn't kill anyone... the guy's 70+ pulls of the trigger finger did that, and it doesn't really matter what kind of trigger he was pulling.

Dave S

There were like almost 600 traffic fatalities in TN on the Amber Alert last time I looked. Do we ban all motorized vehicles because of this statistic -- since it kills more folks than guns in the USA?

How many people have been stabbed to death? Do we ban all knives?

How many people have died from alcohol related accidents? Do we ban all alcoholic beverages?

You see, we just can't continue to steal the rights and freedoms from everyone because a small few abuse their right or have an accident.

:2cents:

Edited by JohnC

Dave S

FBI has reported there was 12,996 murders in 2010, a gun was used in 8775, a rifle(all rifles, not just "assault rifles") was used in 358, no weapons used in 745 murders.