Any dove shoots?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might try to hook up with you. I gotta make sure Im free first.

Sounds good to me. I will be there with another friend and his girlfriend though, but if you don't mind someone down a little bit I don't care if you want to meet. I think I have you number in your phone but I'll PM you mine just in case.

I eat them, I think they are hard to beat actually. I like to marinate them in Italian dressing, wrap a piece of bacon around them and grill them.

That is the third or fourth time I have heard of someone using Italian dressing. I have always just soaked them in a little water, with just a little bit of salt and lemon. I will have to try the dressing Saturday night.

I'm having a hard time imagining using rock salt. Lead 8's work just fine. All I've ever eaten on them is the breast, as far as I know that's all of the meat that is on a dove. I'd say the average dove breast is about the size of a chicken egg. Doves have such a high mortality rate and short life span to where most that are alive this dove season will not be this time next year.

The leased dove fields are posted now on the TWRA web site,i was going to go to Chuck Swan but i live withing 7 miles of there & when this cold front came in the #s here dropped by 2/3.Looks like a loudon field will be my first hunt this year.I have been seeing several of the collard doves in west knoxville recently

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.