Aimpoint PRO vs EoTech XPS2-2

I've had both of those exact same optic. I compared and contrasted them over a period of about a month.

I chose the Aimpoint because:

Battery Life - I haven't turned mine off since I bought it (always ready)

Simpler Reticle - Id rather have a single bright dot in a high stress situation (EoTech too busy for my taste)

Optics Covers - They all come with water/dust proof optics covers (nice for storage)

Build Quality - I feel the Aimpoint was built a lot better and the design seems less prone to damage

I've got an Aimpoint Comp M3 and an Eotech XPS 2-0. The Aimpoint does seem likes it's a little more heavy duty build quality and the battery life can't be beat. The Eotech's reticle is great for quick acquistion.

I'd trust either one but if I could only have one I'd probably have to choose the Aimpoint.

For me it is the other way around

I know what you mean. I've got 20/20 and I think the circle reticle messed with my eyes and turned the dot into fractal art! :squint:

I love how everyone says that "you can't go wrong with either one, its just whatever you like." That being said, I like: optics covers, battery life, and ! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer the Eo-Tech over an aimpoint. Eo-techs may or may not be lighter than an Aimpoint but they seem so to me. I feel restricted in a completly un provable way with an Aimpoint Becuase of the tube. Battery life never bugged me, I don't use keep my AR ready and my Eo-Techs turn off automatically after a certain amount of time if not moved.

As others have said, both are rugged and it really is personal preference.

I went with the Eotech. Its mounted on my RRA-9 AR. Will be a while before I get to range test.

First impressions:

-Bigger and heavier than I thought it would be.

-Mounts up quickly and rock solid

-Pixels can be fuzzy

-Its gonna take some practice to see past the big circle dot

-Seems very durable.

-push buttons are not very responsive, think I may prefer a dial or switch

I think it will be great for getting holes in paper at close range quickly.

Outside of 75-100 yards kinda have my doubts that I can muster tight groups with this thing.

I just went through the same evaluation recently a few hours of research, many forum opinions and could only find an EOTech to actually view at Gander Mountain.

In the final analysis I went with the Aimpoint PRO. 3 year battery life, and just seemed to be a more robust platform. Bought it through Optics Planet for $380.

b95d36c910.jpg

Edited by DAdams
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...