Looking for a new pocket .32 or .380, any suggestions?

Mykltn

Ok, so i dislocated my elbow on my weak arm the other day and its made me realize how hard it is to holster and maintain my normal CCW with just one arm. So I've decided to get a pocket gun to carry until my arm heals. I've been looking at the NAA .32 and .380 gardians and also the Micro Eagle .380. Has anyone had any experiences with these guns? I know there are other firearms out there that might fit my needs and apprciate any suggestions but I am only interested in metal frame pistols at this time. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Mykltn

Mykltn ...

The micro eagle, from what I hear, is reliable. Trigger is a bit long/heavy, but I really haven't seen any issues.

Have you thought about an LCR in .38/357?

I have an LCP and LCR and love both equally. I realize you are against polymer, but they really are quite lite and both have been 100% reliable :)

I already have the S&W Bodyguard .38spl but it is still too big for a comfotable front pocket carry. The interest in the Micro Eagle and Gardian are because they are the smallest I've found so far.

Edited by Mykltn

Been there and done that many times. Nothing beats a Keltec .32 using FMJ with hardchrome slide, along with a cellphone, good trauma wound first aid kit in all the cars, decent pepper spray and a decent legal knife. I am not an assassin or contract government killer, just a pogue wandering around during decent light in decent areas - for the most part.

I have the KT 32 on me about 98% of the time, a Glock on me about 90% of the time. I'm fairly strong and fit 58 yr old (I'm no Iron Man or triathlete by a long shot) who still plays some competitive out door sports and enjoys shooting with the local GIs. Unless you have an occupation that requires you to be heeled with a large caliber high capacity pistol, rifle, etc., most of us can get by with what I typically carry. I don't hang out at nasty places late in the evening, or partake in events or hobbies which make me an automatic target for the underworld or terrorists. But then I have modifed a Glock 21 for one of my friends who insists a 50 GI at 300 grains is the right EDC for him.

Why hardchrome? Easy to clean, reliable... P.S. in the photo that is a 3x5 index card. The gun weighs 10.4oz loaded with one in the pipe. 8 shots. it is a true pocket pistol. The trigger shoe is a modified P11 shoe that I prefer on this gun.

KelTec32.jpg

Edited by graycrait
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the responses. Again, I appriciate all the suggestions but I am just not a fan of Plastic guns. I understand the benefits of the weight and cost but to me they just don't feel right in my hand. And if it doesn't feel right, it's less likely to be carried.

Go with the micro mykltn ...

Your only real other alternatives IMO, are the Seecamps (380's are EXPENSIVE) or Rohr's which are also expensive.

I once looked in to the MDE, but decided against it. Have you researched to see if anything can be done with the trigger pull at all?

I just put a Masterpiece Arms MPA 380 protector on layaway. It is actually a good bit smaller than the Micro Eagle or NAA. It is basically the same size as the Seecamp, but much cheaper (actually cheaper than the Micro Eagle and NAA). It is steel framed. I want to point out that the second generation has a couple of changes that made me want to be sure I got it. Porting for recoil and a beaver tail for comfort. The one negative I found is it is only a 5 rd capacity. But it is small, very very small.

Most reviews are positive. It seems to be really really well made. here is a link to thier website

https://www.masterpiecearms.com/special-info.php

To get an idea of how small it is, here is a pic of it next to the kel tec P3AT,which is already a small gun

7975413415_6bdaa29aa4.jpg

I was going to suggest the Masterpiece arms as well, don't own one but they look good on paper. Reviews are good and the price is right. If I didn't already have a p32 I'd be all over one.

I'm mostly into wood and steel but have come around lately to the plastic fantastics, nothing wrong with polymer IMO.

what about the p238? It is not poly, but it isnt steel either, I think the frame is at least partially alum, not really 100% sure but its not plastic. Might be too large for what you listed, though.

NAA makes its own caliber, I think its a .32 in a 380 case, that may interest you, idea is the firepower of a 380 in a smaller platform?? I could be more confused than usual about this.

I think there is a beretta tip up that is in 32 and not too terribly large as well.

I looked at the Seecamp and MPA380P and both require two hands to eject the mag which is not possible for me right now. I decided to go with the Micro Eagle as I found a new one in Nickel for $425. It's smaller than the NAA, LCP, Tomcat, Keltec and P238. Trigger pull is a bit long but since its the only safety feature, I like that for a gun that's going to ride in my front pocket.

Edited by Mykltn
  • Like 2

IMO, if your not doing a polymer 380 then there isn't much reason to get a 380. Get a J frame in 327 or 38. With that said I'm a huge fan of my LCP and P32. I have a all stainless 380 that weighs a lot, I wouldn't even consider carrying it over a lighter LCP or j frame.

IMO, if your not doing a polymer 380 then there isn't much reason to get a 380. Get a J frame in 327 or 38. With that said I'm a huge fan of my LCP and P32. I have a all stainless 380 that weighs a lot, I wouldn't even consider carrying it over a lighter LCP or j frame.

Well, with all due respect, I really wasn't interested in your opinion. I was requesting reviews and suggestions on metal frame 32's/380's and specific reviews on the NAA Guardians and the Micro Desert Eagle. The fact that you do not see value in owning any 380 that's not polymer is probably best expressed in someones else's thread who is actively soliciting that opinion. As written in my opening post, I am not.

Edited by Mykltn