Fall Smoky Mt Gun Collectors Show - 9/29 & 30

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this is not a goose chase. About 9 mos to 12 mos ago, I saw an advertisement in one of the gun show web sites, drove to Knoxville (no big deal, just 45 miles), and nothing. I too remember fantastic gun shows there! Atmosphere was just right! Saw my first tator gun fired in the parking lot by a vendor, cool. PVC, Hairspray and a potato, wow! I miss those.

Do the Shriners ever have shows anymore? I remember attending theirs at the temple and the SMGC at the old Convention Center back in the '90s. Good memories.

I don't think so,they just rent the halls out to a promoter.Years ago in Chattanooga the Shriners put on a big show,same thing now they rent out the hall.I expect it has something to do with the promoters being insured.

It's been $6 in the past, with a $1 coupon in the Knox News-Sentinel towards the end of the week before. Don't know for sure this time though. Not a big show - about 100 tables, but it is a collector's show, so all guns & knives or closely related items.

Do the Shriners ever have shows anymore? I remember attending theirs at the temple and the SMGC at the old Convention Center back in the '90s. Good memories.

Back in the day, like maybe 70s-80's, the Shriner's Kerbela Temple was THE gun show in Knoxville. I wasn't into guns much back then, dunno when the private promoters started taking over to the bigger ones we have today.

- OS