Last week to shoot at Uselton's!

Guest Skyline034

Guest Skyline034

So as I finished up shooting at Uselton's today, one of the employees dropped the news on me that September 22nd is the last day of business. According to the store, the business will be going up for auction with some local gun shops looking to bid. Don't know how much truth is in this. Anyone on TGO heard anything?

Guest angelauselton

This is the last week. FYI to get facts correct, my father nor my mother has EVER filed bankruptcy before! Don't always believe what you read. As for this business, yes we could have gotten financing from another bank and we DID have financing. But, after my parents and I lost my sister (their youngest daughter) 7 weeks ago from a car hitting her on OHB, at 22 years old. We decided to pack things up and move on!!! My parents feel GUILTY from working retail and not spending enough time with the family. They have struggled to make ends meet and stay in business. ANd those of you that talk #### and are rude to us need to grow up! WE HAVE LOST A YOUNG FAMILY MEMBER, MY SISTER!!!!!!! YOU THINK YOU KNOW WHATS GOING ON BUT YOU DONT! YOU NEVER KNOW WHATS GOING ON IN SOMEONE ELSES LIFE AND FOR ANY OF YOU TO WISH BAD UPON ANYONE JUST REMEMBER KARMA SUCKS. I wouldnt wish any of this on my worst enemy! And yes FGS will be here to bid and so will Guns & Leather, they both came to us about wanting to buy it but couldn't come to a legit offer. And the building, range and inventory will ALL BE SOLD AT ABSOLUTE AUCTION. So good day to you all and GOD BLESS YOU!

This is the last week. FYI to get facts correct, my father nor my mother has EVER filed bankruptcy before! Don't always believe what you read. As for this business, yes we could have gotten financing from another bank and we DID have financing. But, after my parents and I lost my sister (their youngest daughter) 7 weeks ago from a car hitting her on OHB, at 22 years old. We decided to pack things up and move on!!! My parents feel GUILTY from working retail and not spending enough time with the family. They have struggled to make ends meet and stay in business. ANd those of you that talk #### and are rude to us need to grow up! WE HAVE LOST A YOUNG FAMILY MEMBER, MY SISTER!!!!!!! YOU THINK YOU KNOW WHATS GOING ON BUT YOU DONT! YOU NEVER KNOW WHATS GOING ON IN SOMEONE ELSES LIFE AND FOR ANY OF YOU TO WISH BAD UPON ANYONE JUST REMEMBER KARMA SUCKS. I wouldnt wish any of this on my worst enemy! And yes FGS will be here to bid and so will Guns & Leather, they both came to us about wanting to buy it but couldn't come to a legit offer. And the building, range and inventory will ALL BE SOLD AT ABSOLUTE AUCTION. So good day to you all and GOD BLESS YOU!

The bankruptcy papers were filed earlier this year, long before you sister's passing.

I heard, from several sources, that Rick owned some type of store in or around Goodlettsville (before the one on Myatt Drive) that he closed suddenly, leaving customers/members screwed out of money.

Your father has also made some comments that were not very popular amongst those of us gun owners who take the 2nd Amendment seriously. He then went on a local radio and did a bad job at clarifying himself. I don't think that interview did much in the way of helping his reputation.

I'm sure I can speak for everyone on this forum when I say that we are very sorry for the sudden loss of your sister. As a father, I don't want to imagine the pain and suffering one experiences with such a loss.

For whatever reasons, your father has earned a negative reputation himself; one that very few gun store owners in the area have been able to do. Personally, it took me about 5 minutes after walking into his Myatt Drive location to realize he was not the type of person I wanted to do business with. This was long before I officially became a "gun guy" or a member of any firearms related internet forums. After joining multiple forums, it didn't take me long to realize I was not alone.

• Like 1
  • Administrator

As someone who has buried TWO children, I will say that I never have taken that to mean I had a blank check to be a complete douche. Further, what happened 7 weeks ago would seem to have very little bearing on the business for the past 7 years. My condolences to the family on the loss of their daughter and sister, but trying to inject that into the overall business situation is seems like an attempt to buy credit with the local gun owners by tugging at their heart strings, and assumes that we're all just stupid and bad at math.

Summary: Sorry about your loss, not sorry to see the business go under.

Summary: Sorry about your loss, not sorry to see the business go under.

I'm sorry to see any range go under. No matter what anyone may personally think about Rick and his family, I fortunately have always had pleasant dealings with them. My wife and I have been going here since they first opened. My wife would sit and watch me shoot and Angela or her mom would always stop by and chat with her. While Rick can be abrupt and (a lot of times) talk over my head, he would always answer any questions I had and offer advice on stance or grip while I was shooting.

I don't deny anyone their right to their own opinion on Rick or his management style, but my experiences have always been positive and I was sorry to bid them farewell as I was there shooting for the last ime today.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest parris001

I drove by there yesterday. I had heard the good news, it was late in coming, but I just had to see for myself. If Rick hadn't been such a horse's rear end he may have done better. He was in a great place to be very profitable. But in the end, people with money usually don't like dealing with buttholes if they don't have to.

I hope this place stays gun related. I've seen all this expense and good ranges be torn down just to make way for something else.