OD Green Glock

walton6467

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THey're worthless. Clarksville is just a short drive from here, why don't I swing up there and dispose of it for you?

Kidding! Being as you don't see them everyday, they are absolutely worth a dollar or two more than a black one. I have a Gen 3 19 in OD green too I bought from a member here. I paid $700 for it and 3 magazines. It had Trijicon sites too. I would NOT take my money back for it. I'd even turn down a good bit more than that.

Edited by Caster

Nah, not an "investment", I intend to shoot the hell out of it.

Good to hear. They are in fact made to shoot. If they were only made to collect and look at there'd be no need for them to fire.

I kind of think of it as an insult to the designer of the firearm if you don't shoot it. It would be like buying fine art work and hanging it backwards.

I think the beauty of the Glock that it is a tool and has little collectability over the time it has been in the US. There are little niches i.e., generation, LEO markings, color, etc, but it is like collecting hammers - lots of them but they work as intended regardless of how old they are. The hammer I use everyday is probably over 50 years old. If I lost it no big deal, I'll get another. That is the way I look at Glocks.

I think the beauty of the Glock that it is a tool and has little collectability over the time it has been in the US. There are little niches i.e., generation, LEO markings, color, etc, but it is like collecting hammers - lots of them but they work as intended regardless of how old they are. The hammer I use everyday is probably over 50 years old. If I lost it no big deal, I'll get another. That is the way I look at Glocks.

Craig I agree completely. I'm really not interested in collecting any kinda guns. I want them for their intended purpose, but being unfamiliar with the OD, I didn't know if it were something special that I needed to take care of, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

(( chuckles at Duce's tag line))

yes they go for around 700 and up on gunbroker...no bidders of course... but funny OD goes a lot better with tennessee foliage than coyote tan or FDE... we dont live in the dessert... but that being said...i did put FDE grips on my 1911 yesterday and it does give it a certain cool factor... plus i decked out my AR in all magpaul FDE furniture...lol its hard not to... and im about to purchase a bug out rig...plate carrier molle full of pouches...still up in the air about what color to get...was thinking OD

Edited by carter