Raptor upgrades

willis68

Thanks for all the kind words guys, it is most Definately a work in progress and will eventually be my idea of the perfect get out of Dodge quickly with the whole family Truck when I am done. I will keep updating this thread when I do more things to it

Edited by willis68
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Outstanding! They are delightful trucks. My father sold his 2010 F-150 Platinum 4 months ago for a 2012 F-150 Raptor in Race Red Metallic. She is certainly a forced to be reckoned with! Not as fast as the 2005 SRT-10 he had years back, but the 6.2L is plentiful fun. Without further ado.

photo1_zps655e82bc.jpg

At home tucked away with the 1969 Ford 100. "Designed for living. Engineered to last." - Ford

photo_zps5356a02b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Administrator

Ours is going back to Ford tomorrow for some warranty repair work involving the climate controls and inability to adjust the blower motor.  Literally this is the only problem we've had out of it in the year and a half that we've owned it.

You need to get out there and drive the little nubbies off the tires some more.

I only got it 7 months ago, plus I wear the nubbies off on my Jeep(s).  :)

I still have less than 7k miles on mine but I work offshore and when I am gone no one drives my truck she stays garaged. I only run Shell 93 since my second tank of gas and average 12.8 MPG. You do not buy one of these trucks for gas mileage obvisiosly but they are so awesome that it is nearly impossible to describe
  • Administrator

What are your average MPH's and exterior colors?

Average MPH?  I suspect you mean MPG.  13 mpg average it seems no matter what it's doing.  Same whether we're driving around town or towing a heavy 1960's Oldsmobile across two states on a trailer.  It just doesn't deviate from that mpg much.

Would rather not say what color ours is as my wife drives it more than I do and she doesn't need the notoriety from TGO.

I still have less than 7k miles on mine but I work offshore and when I am gone no one drives my truck she stays garaged. I only run Shell 93 since my second tank of gas and average 12.8 MPG. You do not buy one of these trucks for gas mileage obvisiosly but they are so awesome that it is nearly impossible to describe

The feeling behind the wheel is surreal. I absolutely love it. Even at a stand still, it looks as though it is traveling in excess of 100 + MPH! Have you considered any engine modifications?

Average MPH?  I suspect you mean MPG.  13 mpg average it seems no matter what it's doing.  Same whether we're driving around town or towing a heavy 1960's Oldsmobile across two states on a trailer.  It just doesn't deviate from that mpg much.

Would rather not say what color ours is as my wife drives it more than I do and she doesn't need the notoriety from TGO.

I stand corrected. I intended on typing MPG. How many miles are on your engine? Last I checked my father was averaging 12.4 MPG and she has 5K on the odometer. I completely understand you wanting closure for your wife!

We had one in the family for a while and I did some work  to it,(lots o lights wired into the upfitter switches) It's about the only thing I miss about the little sis's ex-husband.  :) Thing was massive fun in the snow in Gatlinburg, watch a half dozen trucks try and make it up a hill, then just wait for the "traffic" to clear and drive alound all the stuck ones.

5820990229_f34c4cd1a9.jpg

Are you still active on TN Euros, my friend?

It's kinda hard to quit when your the site owner/administrator. (Not that I'd ever want to.) I just spend a little less time on there in during the winter months due to the lack of car shows.

The molten orange looked great but I always felt like we were driving around in an oversized road cone. I prefer the black myself.

Our lot just got one of these in that the BIL is trying to sell me. Not a raptor but it does fit the "black" part of my request. :)

6d27861a0a0a0002014218759bdb3a90.jpg

Edited by 2.ooohhh

Completely understandable! It has been ages since I last signed on. Seldom show up for a GTG. On the other hand, I am in the market for a 996 Porsche 911 Turbo or C4S! It is also fair to say, that sports cars have taken a backseat to firearms in the last year.

I can no longer do black vehicles. They are an absolute pain to maintain. To me, I prefer the white, molten orange, and metallic race red versions.

Looks good! What are they asking for it?

I think the sticker was $68k IIRC, my price was, well. . . lower.  Hard to justify a truck though when I can't park it at work, and I can borrow an f350 anytime to tow my trailer.

The beetle gets me to and from work in rough weather no problem(and fits in the parking garage) and I've only had to use the winch to pull an idiot Jeep owner out of the ditch so far.  :woohoo: (<- not stating that all Jeep owners are idiots, only the one I recently met who was stuck in the ditch.)

• Administrator

We had one in the family for a while and I did some work  to it,(lots o lights wired into the upfitter switches) It's about the only thing I miss about the little sis's ex-husband.  :) Thing was massive fun in the snow in Gatlinburg, watch a half dozen trucks try and make it up a hill, then just wait for the "traffic" to clear and drive alound all the stuck ones.

5820990229_f34c4cd1a9.jpg

I see that truck almost every morning on West End in Nashville.