Fake Military Documents, Weapons Found in Abandoned Pickup

Channel 5 - NBCDFW.com -- Dallas - Fort Worth Texas Area

Fake Military Documents, Weapons Found in Abandoned Pickup

SUV found crashed behind Hurst business

By Frank Heinz Tuesday, Oct 2, 2012 | Updated 7:20 PM CDT

hurstarrest10021.jpg

Ken Kalthoff, NBC 5 News

A dry cleaner and former member of the U.S. military has been arrested after suspicious documents and weapons were found in his crashed pickup truck early Tuesday.

At about 5 a.m. Tuesday, a delivery driver spotted a crashed Chevrolet Silverado behind the Mayflower Place shopping center along state Highway 26 near Precinct Line. The driver notified the Hurst Police Department, who soon arrived to investigate.

According to police, the vehicle was wrecked with front end damage, had its airbags deployed and, upon further inspection by officers, was found to contain what appeared to be military documents and two civilian weapons. Additionally, Hurst police said the truck has a military insignia sticker on the windshield and similar markings on some of the documents.

Given the nature of the contents found, police requested the assistance of the bomb squad as well as the FBI, ATF and NCIS. Businesses in the shopping center were closed for a short time during the investigation, but reopened at about 11 a.m. after the bomb squad was cleared.

Investigators later determined that the documents found in the truck were fake federal documents used to create false identifcation cards, not specifically military documents or identification cards.

The owner of the truck, 29-year-old Azeez Ahmed Alghaziani, is a former member of the U.S. military, an American citizen, and the owner of a dry cleaning business in the shopping center. Investigators found the man inside his business, totally unaware of the investigation that had been ongoing outside.

Officials said he was cooperating with investigators before he was placed under arrest by the Hurst Police Department on a charge of document tampering. According to police, Ahmed had been living at the business for several days.

One of the federal agencies involved in the investigation told Richard Winstanley, the assistant chief of the Hurst Police Department, that the man had been a "person of interest" at one time in an investigation, but was cleared of any wrongdoing. Officials did not elaborate on the nature of the previous investigation.

So far there is no word on what caused the crash.

http://www.nbcdfw.co...-172283631.html

Edited by QuietDan

Is anyone but me confused about how this guy's pickup truck had a wreck bad enough for the air bags to deploy yet he just walks away leaving fake documents and weapons in the vehicle AND apparently unaware that there might be an investigation going on???

Maybe I'm just missing something but none of this actually adds up to me.

• Like 1

says he was charged with document tampering.

Is anyone but me confused about how this guy's pickup truck had a wreck bad enough for the air bags to deploy yet he just walks away leaving fake documents and weapons in the vehicle AND apparently unaware that there might be an investigation going on???

Maybe I'm just missing something but none of this actually adds up to me.

There's too much information missing. The guy doesn't even look banged up in the picture. It doesn't say he was in the truck or anything of the sort. It's just this happened. This guy was arrested for this. That is all.

There's too much information missing. The guy doesn't even look banged up in the picture. It doesn't say he was in the truck or anything of the sort. It's just this happened. This guy was arrested for this. That is all.

He’s taken into custody for that. My guess (and it’s just a WAG) is that this is a traffic accident that led to something more. And with fake military documents, firearms and a general discharge; he now has the attention of Homeland Security (His profile fits exactly the type thing they look for).

I’m sure we will find out more later…..

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest HillyKarma

It smells odd.. odd indeed..

If he wasnt the one that wrecked the truck..maybe someone he works with or knows ?maybe that person is the owner of those docs?

Very odd story...

would be interesting to see why he was a person of interest at one point.

I can't make heads or tails of what I've found out about the case.

Sounds like dumbass awards for the guys involved. While on the surface this may have all the makings of a terrorist cell, it is most likely a military terp that was booted for being a s***bag and went back to dry cleaning shirts for a living. I wouldn't be surprised if the falsified military documents were related to fraudulent disability claims or something along those lines.

• Like 1

Sounds like dumbass awards for the guys involved. While on the surface this may have all the makings of a terrorist cell, it is most likely a military terp that was booted for being a s***bag and went back to dry cleaning shirts for a living. I wouldn't be surprised if the falsified military documents were related to fraudulent disability claims or something along those lines.

Oh.. you might be right also...