choose one of the two

bayouvol

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If trigger pull on the Kel Tec is a concern, the Northwood Aluminum Trigger ($55) get rave reviews at KTOG. It takes up the slack and reduces the length of the pull. The weight of trigger pull can be reduced by replacing the trigger spring or by making a minor mod in the plastic housing where the spring is held in place, effectively reducing the tension on the trigger.

Honestly, I don't understand why you would limit yourself to these two choices. The Taurus PT 709 Slim and Millennium are in the same price range as the Rossi. A used S&W 5906 or Springfield XD are less than $100 more. You could probably buy a used Glock for about what it would cost for a new Rossi 462 after tax and background check. Just food for thought. I have the Taurus 709 Slim and really like it. My neighbor has the Millennium and likes it.

go with the p11... go buy a bunch of ammo and shoot the crap out of it...that's probably all it needs to get broke in good that is if your having any issues with it... and then you'd be proficient with it... and more concealable than a clunky revolver... .38 and 357 rounds are not cheap either ... 9mm is... so you can afford to shoot it more...

I'd pick the Kel-Tec, because of size and weight. I think rumors of reliablity issues with the brand are overstated. Like any semi auto there's a break-in period, but that can be shortened dramatically by polishing some contact points inside the gun. It's so easy, even a caveman could do it.

I love revolvers, used to carry a Ruger SP101. They are awesome, but unless it's small and polymer, I just can't put up with the weight and bulk any more. However, if you aren't willing to fluff 'n buff the KT and spend the time to get used to the trigger pull...go with the Rossi. If you do, I'd wager that eventually you'll want to get a compact light pistol to replace it within a year or less.

I'd pick the Kel-Tec, because of size and weight. I think rumors of reliablity issues with the brand are overstated. Like any semi auto there's a break-in period, but that can be shortened dramatically by polishing some contact points inside the gun. It's so easy, even a caveman could do it.

Yep. Shove enough rounds thru it, and the gun will fluff and buff itself.