New Pocket Carry: Springfield XD-S

TGO David

• Administrator

I've got a Comp-Tac MTAC coming for it so that my wife can try it as an IWB carry. I'm searching for a holster similar to the RCS Phantom to order for them as well but so far RCS doesn't make one and I've not really covered too many other bases yet.

Guest rebeldrummer

I've got a Comp-Tac MTAC coming for it so that my wife can try it as an IWB carry. I'm searching for a holster similar to the RCS Phantom to order for them as well but so far RCS doesn't make one and I've not really covered too many other bases yet.

David....look into Crossfire holsters (if you have not already)

His products are really nice and very well built. He pays attention to the small details.

http://www.crossfireholsters.com/models.html

David how do you manage pocket carrying 25 ounces? Plus holster. I find a PM9 annoyingly heavy in the pocket as it is.

About all I can tolerate is 5 rounds of .357 magnum at 15 ounces in the pocket.

They look good and the ergonomics aren't bad.

Edited by DAdams
  • Administrator
David how do you manage pocket carrying 25 ounces? Plus holster. I find a PM9 annoyingly heavy in the pocket as it is.

About all I can tolerate is 5 rounds of .357 magnum at 15 ounces in the pocket.

I dunno... I wear pants that fit correctly, a good sturdy gun belt all the time, and am just used to it I guess. :shrug:

Its a 5+1 .45ACP gun. I gotta say, I have never much cared for the XD line of pistols, and still don't. However, after shooting a friends XDs I really, really want one. It is among the nicest shooting .45's I have ever had the pleasure of using.

David, what did you pay for that XDs? So far I am finding mostly MSRP (or very close) in my area.

$579 pus tax and TICS. I've been seeing them for about $20 more than that locally.

D&T has been selling them for $560 and have them instock as of yesterday.

Guest bulluck533

I have gotten to handle several of these and love them. Especially now that they have released the extended mags for them. Very slim and comfortable. Would really like to have the chance to shoot one.

Guest The Highlander

I'm about 5'8" and I pocket carry all the time. Was a 342Ti, then an LCP, sometimes a SIG 238, sometimes a Bond Arms .410 derringer. The LCP disappears in my cargo shorts, the SIG almost does. The Bond is easily doable for me, and now the XDs has a home there.

Yes, it is about twice as heavy as the LCP, but I got used to it in about 2 days.

Very comforting to carry a .45 ACP.

I don't own a .45 but would like one or two. I'm not sure if the XDs is one of them or not. I'd like to find one first at about $499.

Since I don't consider the XDS a pocket gun I'm liking the XDM 3.8 with a greater capacity.

Edited by DAdams