Bought a M&P 9c this morning.

C.lunn

Settled for it since I couldn't find a Shield in 9mm. Went and shot it just now and for my first non 1911 gun I like it. Anyone else have one and can recommend a decent IWB holster?

I think everyone knows what one looks like but here you go.

564996_10100267740734422_764883787_n.jpg

• Like 1

Right now I'm carrying my 9c OWB in a leather pancake holster on a 1.5" wide leather gun belt with two extra mags on the weak side OWB as well. I have just a shirt on over them and you cannot tell that I am carrying. Since I bought my last two Bullhide Belts I don't see the need to ever carry IWB again.

Guest rebeldrummer

I really enjoyed shooting it. Already looking at buying a full size now lol.

I hear ya...I started out w/ the full size 9 (still have it)

then I added the M&P 40c (sold it...regret it)

then added the to shield 40

then the M&P 45c

and finally the Shield 9

my next will be the M&P .22 pistol....a great way to train and keep sharp.

it is nearly the same weight and dimensions as the full size 9/40

needless to say I really like the M&P line up

Edited by rebeldrummer
  • 5 weeks later...
M&P's are addictive. I bought a 45c and added ns and Apex trigger kit, next bought a 9 and left it as is, then bought a 9c and added ns.
I've ordered several mags from Midway. The M&P 9 shipped right away and the 9C took 2 months. I've looked at Shield, but like my Kahr PMP better.
I use to put Glocks over M&P's but now Glocks are in 2nd place. I still have 4 glocks in compact and subcompact models. Edited by lshel
Haven't shot enough of the M&P guns yet to totally agree with you Ishel, but I'm close. The inhand feel of the M&Ps I've shot so far are outstanding, especially the 9c, for me anyway. And I really like the Shield,but I'd sure like to try the Shield and the 9c at one shooting, before getting the Shield. I'm on NA's waiting list and if one becomes available before I get the comparison opportunity, I'll probably buy it anyway. But reading as much as I could stand on the S&W Forum, seems that it's real close in favoring 9c over the Shield.

The full size feels better to me than the full size glocks, but I'll reserve judgement til I can run them side by side.

In any event, I like the M&P line enough that I'm trying to get a few extra mags for them. Can't really go wrong with that. Edited by hipower
I know its been a month but congrats on your new gun. I have had one for a couple years now and I love it. the Apex kit is well worth the money, I just have the striker block and sear right now but am thinking about getting the trigger kit soon. I also have the crimson trace grips which i find make the grip just the right size for my hands, you might check into those as well. One of the most comfortable guns I have shot. Edited by sparksjr