Permit Question (shooting part)

Just dont try to show off a go for head shots like a guy in our class! He missed about half a 7 yards and decided it was time to focus on center mass shots!!

The head is actually not in the scoring rings area, if instructor wanted to be a stickler about it.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest dfsixstring

It is 70% in the black. It is incredibly easy. I saw MANY there that appeared to have never shot before that qualified (scary).

Dfsixstring

SR9c

LCP

RST4S

Umm since when? I'm pretty sure any hit inside the black of the 'body' counts for the HCP permit test.

And the x ring is a gutshot wound, the heart is in the 8 ring or something. /boggle.

Yeah, what seems to be the official course target has no head ring. Similar to this except in black:

19d38f21cc46636a746af98873b60f5c.image.177x269.jpg

'Course, instructor can call whatever he wants as good I reckon; it's not like there's an oversight committee or anything. :)

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
  • Like 1

I audited the Level I pistol class at Range Masters (Memphis) as a requirement for taking additional classes there...the Level I class is their HCP class.

The targets they use there are, if I remember correctly, about 20-30% smaller than the ones the state allows yet no one in the class had any problem passing the test so I wouldn't worry about it much...the best way to ensure you'll have a problem is to worry and over-think it! :)

10-4. I am shooting a bit low and left with my SR9c. I plan on going to the range and adjusting my sights if necessary. I may be pulling as well, so I will have someone else shoot it as well to make sure.

10-4. I am shooting a bit low and left with my SR9c. I plan on going to the range and adjusting my sights if necessary. I may be pulling as well, so I will have someone else shoot it as well to make sure.

If possible have someone watch you shoot. They may identify something else you're doing or confirm you're pulling. And practice dry-firing and aligning the sights prior to your range time. That's been a big help to me.

Nice! I am headed to Coal Creek Armory in a bit to work on my grip and trigger pull. I have gotten some great instruction on Youtube. I didn't realize the importance of the off hand stabilizing the gun so much. And my trigger pull with the tip of my finger instead of the crease of the joint.

You guys are awesome!