Ruger sr1911 at cool springs academy

Guest Grubbah

Guest Grubbah

I stopped by Academy this afternoon in cool springs, and they actually had a sr1911 in stock for $699. It almost came home with me, but its still there if anybody else is looking for one of these. I know at one time they were hard to track down, not sure how supply is now though so I figured I've give a heads up.

Nashville armory has em for $689. IIRC

Rather give them my business plus the $10 saved will cover the background check.

It is good that the price has come down on these compared to what they where at earlier thus year, the whole point of a Ruger1911 IMO is to have a sturdy, reliable 1911 that the average joe can afford.

I bought mine about three weeks ago at Nashville Armory for $689. They had at least two that I saw. I don’t know if they have any now.

EDIT: But that is a good price. When I was trying to find one I was contacted by people wanting more than that for used.

Edited by DaveTN
Guest Grubbah

glad to see the supply is coming up on these. Now I dont feel so bad about not being able to snag this one when I saw it. I'd rather put the money on a LGS anyhow when I'm ready to pull the trigger rather than a big name store.

I bought one at Guns & Ammo in Memphis a few months ago for $679 OTD, and they said they had quite a few in stock. For a long time they only had a sales demo model available that they used to take deposits on orders with no guarantee of delivery timing. They carry a lot of inventory, so they have them while other stores still don't, but they are clearly more available than they have been. :)

Gotta pay with cash to get that price though. :) They don't haggle much on their prices, but they do the cash discount sale deal most of the time...they give you the sales tax discount off of their prices, but don't absorb it all since they aren't paying any credit card fees. Sometimes their prices appear high because they build assumed cash discounts into their prices. This was a case where their starting price was good, and cash made it even better. :D

I became the proud owner if a SR1911 today. Been waiting for the eagle to land. Today was the day. I called Guns and Ammo in Memphis and their cash price was $669.00 plus tax. I could not drive from Jackson to Memphis for the difference in price and I preferred to buy from my local shop.

Funny thing is I have not field stripped a 1911 since back in the seventies when I was in the service. I launched parts all over my study after I got home and spent the next 30 minutes hunting parts. LOL Thought I would never forget......

Can't hardly wait to get to the range and run a few through.

• Like 1

Funny this thread came up because I just about bought one at the Academy Sports here in Chattanooga. Apparently they have finally become somewhat available. I picked up another XDM instead....can't stay away from them.

Yeah I've seen a SR1911 in the case last two times I was at academy here in chatta-Vegas. It's a nice gun, I dig it.

That's a really good price for it. The best I've seen or heard of from anyone. I don't think it will be anytime soon that price will be available to the average customer. I understand wanting an AR, but that's a great opportunity to get into a good 1911.

I looked at one today at Eastside Gun Shop and really was impressed. With tax and tic it would have been about 702 OTD.