Value of gun

Guest Jamesmb

Guest Jamesmb

I was just wondering what the monetary value of a S & W mod 19-5 in good or very good condition with wood grips and extra Hogue grip would be worth?

Edited by Jamesmb
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid $425 FTF 2 years ago for a 4" 99% nickel mod 19-5, no box. I was happy with the purchase, and it is one of my favorite guns.

A couple months ago, I hit a golf ball at over 85 yds with it. Open sights, shooting 148gr HBWC 38s. It's an amazing gun.

Wow, thanks KahrMan!! I don't have a blue book. Guess I paid just about the right price for mine. I feel like I got a good deal.

Add $20 to the prices above for the nickel finish. That combined with the fact that blue book is usually on the low side of value, I think you got a good deal.

Now, how many shots before you hit the golf ball?

I hit it on the 5th or 6th shot, then shot about a dozen more times and hit it again. Pretty much everything was landing within 6-8 inches of the ball, and I had to hold the front sight WWAAAAAAYYYYYY high. You could almost see the barrel on top of the rear sights!!!

I know, I didn't make it the first few times, but I still think that was pretty cool! The very first sight I just sighted as normal and the bullet landed about 10 ft shy of the ball, which was sitting on a slight uphill grade. I have a witness, but wish I had a video camera!

Guest grimel
Add $20 to the prices above for the nickel finish. That combined with the fact that blue book is usually on the low side of value, I think you got a good deal.

Now, how many shots before you hit the golf ball?

Right now the Blue Book is way low on older S&W revolvers. Anything pre-lock is getting a premium.

The finish of a blued 19 can swing the price by more than $100; they are pretty much mint; or they aren’t. Also the grips can make a $50 difference.

Here is a good example (although from the pictures the finish isn’t anything to brag about) on GB that is ending in 3 hours. It’s at $395… let’s see what happens.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=101359113

Here is one that is mint. With a little over an hour left it is at $562

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=101149390