Police serving warrants in the middle of the night

Guest kwikrnu

Guest Boomhower
Didn't they say they served the warrant at 3am? That is the middle of the night to me.

I have no idea. I'm just reading what you quoted.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kwikrnu

I placed a link to the story in that same post. It think it says they served the warrant at 3am then goes on to say that "often" they do serve warrants early in the morning. That left me with the impression that 3am was early in the morning and this is a normal occurance for that law enforcement agency.

He was a pretty violent felon though..."Probation officials said the warrant was issued for Bryson because he failed drug screens and violated curfew while on probation for a 2007 felony marijuana possession charge."

You shouldn't go around killing people, but why a 3am warrant on a guy who violated curfew and failed a drug screen?

Edited by kwikrnu
I placed a link to the story in that same post. It think it says they served the warrant at 3am then goes on to say that "often" they do serve warrants early in the morning. That left me with the impression that 3am was early in the morning and this is a normal occurance for that law enforcement agency.

He was a pretty violent felon though..."Probation officials said the warrant was issued for Bryson because he failed drug screens and violated curfew while on probation for a 2007 felony marijuana possession charge."

You shouldn't go around killing people, but why a 3am warrant on a guy who violated curfew and failed a drug screen?

Maybe that was what the warrant was for, but the little notes in the computer on him might have told a much different story. He killed an officer and wounded another. I'd say it turns out caution was warranted huh?

Guest canynracer

What exactly is your point here Kwik? Just cause that is what the news reported doesnt mean that is all the warrant was for...

please tread lightly as you approach the subject of the fallen officer....

Edited by canynracer
Guest canynracer
Don't worrk Kwik... something tell me from your posts that you'll have plenty of more chances.... :screwy:

DanO

By the way, I definitely think you should post your residence as a "No Carry Zone"... and make sure any LEOs serving papers are properly disarmed. As a matter of fact, you shoud probably answer the door for them with your sidearm in hand (can't be too careful), and tell them in no uncertain terms to relinquish their guns. Make sure to yell really loud so that they hear you...

laughing021.gif

Ohhhh I know, I know...Dan, you, Joe and the rest of the LEOS on the board, if you put the No Guns signs on your vest, and hats/helmets...well then you are all good!!! you will never have to worry again, BG sees the sign, drops all weapons...problem solved....

Guest kwikrnu
What exactly is your point here Kwik? Just cause that is what the news reported doesnt mean that is all the warrant was for...

please tread lightly as you approach the subject of the fallen officer....

So, what was the warrant for?

I haven't belittled the officer.

Guest canynracer
So, what was the warrant for?

I haven't belittled the officer.

Never said you did, just asked that you please tread lightly...

According to all of the stories around this, the asshat had a whole bunch of priors and criminal history...

Guest kwikrnu

According to all of the stories around this, the asshat had a whole bunch of priors and criminal history...

Okay, but what was the warrant for?

Guest canynracer

I know as much as anyone...which is...probably dont know not enough, but is has nothing to do with the question of the post.

If the Higher ups feel the need (based on a lot of stuff) for a no knock, they will do it. The decision for a no knock is as much of the past of the criminal as much as it is on current charges.

Okay, but what was the warrant for?

That answer your question? Not Kwikr than urself r u?

Guest clutepc
Remember the client base that I'm referring to.

I'm talking about proven, violent offenders who have indicated that they have no interest in running out of any back door/window.

Fairly rare.

Most are like the one we (SWAT) served yesterday. Search warrant service, crack house, 1 known/4 unknowns inside, 3:30PM.

It was over in less than 30 seconds with no injuries...except for the cheap beer on my leg because a "forty" was dropped as the holder began shi&^ing kittens.

LOL.. nice

I Don't know if you hear this enough, but thanks for what you do!!

Guest kwikrnu
That answer your question? Not Kwikr than urself r u?

If you paid attention you'll see I quoted post 29 in which canyn said,"Just cause that is what the news reported doesnt mean that is all the warrant was for..."

So, I'll ask canyn again because he must have some insight into this that no one else does. What was the warrant for?

• Administrator
Warrant service in the middle of the night is fairly rare and typically reserved for high risk (armed, violent felon types).

We knock and announce, but are not obligated to make sure that you are not still snuggling your teddy bear when we come through the door.

However, props to you if you can sleep through a flashbang...

:eek:

Last time the Sheriff deputy came to my house to serve me a civil process he left a small yellow flyer. I called and found out their hours and the next morning I went down to the Sheriffs office and signed the documents they told me to sign. :shrug:

And this has what to do with a criminal arrest warrant?

Guest kwikrnu
all I can say is if there are warrants being served late at night or early in the morning there is usually a reason for it, and its usually not handled by a podunked Dept.

I've already quoted what the reporter stated. Often they serve warrants early in the morning, they served this warrant at 3am, it was for a curfew violation and a piss test.

Was this a podunked dept?

Guest kwikrnu
And this has what to do with a criminal arrest warrant?

Why not treat people with a criminal arrest warrant like humans? Why not call first? Cops won't tell you over the phone if you call if you have an outstanding arrest warrant. You have to go to the station or office. I'd be willing to bet a lot of people would just go down and turn themselves in.

If you paid attention you'll see I quoted post 29 in which canyn said,"Just cause that is what the news reported doesnt mean that is all the warrant was for..."

So, I'll ask canyn again because he must have some insight into this that no one else does. What was the warrant for?

:shrug: